International JD Applications

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ForeignLawyer2011

International JD Applications

Postby ForeignLawyer2011 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:44 am

Hi everyone,

I am currently in a bit of a tight spot. I have applied and been accepted to Rugers Newark (yey) BUT I applied to the Foreign Lawyers Program and have been accepted for the full three years (booo). My degree is an LLB Law from England and although I have taken it in an accelerated fashion, it is academically up to scratch.

They have spent so much time procrastinating about what they are going to do that I am effectively decreasing my chances of applying anywhere else as the days go on... PLUS: I actually don't want to study for another 3 years!

Has anyone got similar issues with credentials from other countries being misunderstood? Have you got any tips on what I can do to hurry things along? I haven't seen much about Foreign Lawyers on the forum but I know that there are a lot of us out there!!

Trequartista

Re: International JD Applications

Postby Trequartista » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:34 pm

What is the foreign lawyers program? Did you apply for the J.D or the LLM?

ForeignLawyer2011

Re: International JD Applications

Postby ForeignLawyer2011 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:51 pm

'The Foreign Lawyer Program allows persons who have earned a law degree from another country the opportunity to receive up to 28 credits for previous law studies and earn a J.D. degree upon the completion of 56 credits at Rutgers School of Law–Newark. '

From Rutgers website...

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”