2.9-158-URM Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Cali-JD

New

2.9-158-URM

Post by Cali-JD » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:07 am

-Black Male
-University of California undergrad
-above average softs

Applied to: T-14 (Penn on down), UCLA, Vanderbilt, WUSTL, Boston Univ, Boston College, Notre Dame, Loyola, Santa Clara

I applied in January after receiving Dec LSAT.

Chances at schools on the list? Other schools I should shoot an app to? any advice is appreciated.

DreamsInDigital

Bronze

Re: 2.9-158-URM

Post by DreamsInDigital » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:23 pm

Sorry to say this, but unless you have 4+ years of significant work experience, I don't think you have a chance at any of those schools except for maybe loyola or santa clara.

i know it seems like this is what people ALWAYS say on here, but I think it would really help you to retake the lsat and get a year or two of we under your belt.

mez06

Bronze

Post by mez06 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:32 pm

No chance at ANY T-14 bro. Fellow AA male speaking. The sub 3 will hurt you as well as the January applications. You'll get into some good schools, Top 50. You'd fare better if you can work a year, sit out this cycle, and apply early next year.

PM'ed you my lsn since we have somewhat similiar #'s that might give you a better picture. If you're trying to stay in Cali, apply to Hastings via their LEOP program. GL

StillHerexxx

Bronze

Post by StillHerexxx » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:34 pm

Top 14 is a huge stretch, won't hurt to try a few, but I would sugges sending plenty of apps to lower t1 and t2 and you should have some. GPA is pretty rough though, especially this late in the cycle.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”