Another silly LSAC GPA question.

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
krasivaya

Another silly LSAC GPA question.

Postby krasivaya » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:34 pm

First off, I'm pretty annoyed with my undergrad school for adopting a +/- system with no A+. I get it, they want to tamp down grade inflation to appear more like a Southern Ivy or something but when only about 1,000 kids have above a 3.8 at the 20th best, 40,000+ kid school in the nation this logic fails. I could've realllllly used all those A+'s I should've had on my LSAC GPA :( Anyway, end rant.

When I submit in November my GPA will be around a 3.87 which is rather low. However, after Fall it should jump up to a 3.91 which would put me right around the medians for top t14 which is exactly where I want to be. Is it better to submit early and update, hoping they'll look at my December GPA or wait until December to send in my application with my 3.91?

Thanks :) I've been lurking for awhile now, in a week or so these silly questions should end.

gdane

Re: Another silly LSAC GPA question.

Postby gdane » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:28 pm

Whats your LSAT score? Do you have one yet?

Your LSAC transcipt will more than likely not be updated until after January 1st, so anticipate applying with your 3.91 then. Also, a 3.87 is not "rather low" in comparison to your anticipated 3.91. Its still a pretty good GPA.

In any case, my opinion is that if you get a 172+ on the LSAT, apply early with your 3.87. If you score significantly lower than that, wait until your transcript is updated.

Good luck!

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:32 pm

krasivaya wrote:Another silly LSAC GPA question.

but, apply as early as possible. a .04 gpa increase is negligible and if it really bothers the school they will ask for updated fall grades. Take a chill pill, too.

T6Hopeful

Postby T6Hopeful » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:33 pm

3.87's a great GPA. It's above every school's median except for HYS. With that GPA in mind, if you're looking at that range of schools (or any other schools really), your LSAT is going to be the deciding factor. I'm not sure if you posted this in another thread, but have you taken it yet?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”