This is what awaits many of you upon graduation.

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
JazzOne

Re: This is what awaits many of you upon graduation.

Postby JazzOne » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:12 am

Mickey Quicknumbers wrote:
lolschool2011 wrote:
JazzOne wrote:
ATR wrote:--ImageRemoved--

Lolololol

TL;DR.

But seriously, what's going on w/this?

TL;DR version:
Mtal goes to law school
Mtal drops out of law school after finishing below median, realizes the horrible mistake he's made
Mtal continues to stay on TLS for the next 2 years telling all sitedwellers they are lemmings who are recklessly throwing their own lives away.
Mtal, when not annoying to crap out of prospective law school students, posts about 2 threads a month regarding how evil Palestinians are and how Israel/radical Judaism, his ethnicity of choice, have never done anything wrong. Often his views will clash with jne, a poster whose parents emigrated(I think?) from Palestine and still has family their. This will lead to awkward non-confrontations between them and usually tons of lounge regulars trolling away at his topics.

tldr

Mickey Quicknumbers

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:23 am

JazzOne wrote:tldr

schoolfail + middleeast = hate + won't leave

firemed

Postby firemed » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:48 pm

Mickey Quicknumbers wrote:TL;DR version:
Mtal goes to law school
Mtal drops out of law school after finishing below median, realizes the horrible mistake he's made
Mtal continues to stay on TLS for the next 2 years telling all sitedwellers they are lemmings who are recklessly throwing their own lives away.
Mtal, when not annoying to crap out of prospective law school students, posts about 2 threads a month regarding how evil Palestinians are and how Israel/radical Judaism, his ethnicity of choice, have never done anything wrong. Often his views will clash with jne, a poster whose parents emigrated(I think?) from Palestine and still has family their. This will lead to awkward non-confrontations between them and usually tons of lounge regulars trolling away at his topics.

MTal makes the rest of us Jews look bad for a variety of reasons, and I wish he would take the fricking Israeli flag down and choose a new tar.

Or better yet, make aliyah and go to law school there or something. And, most importantly, never post here again. Maybe Mtal could join the IDF and get shot at or something.

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:41 pm

firemed wrote:
Mtal goes to law school

MTal makes the rest of us Jews look bad for a variety of reasons, and I wish he would take the fricking Israeli flag down and choose a new tar.

Or better yet, make aliyah and go to law school there or something. And, most importantly, never post here again. Maybe Mtal could join the IDF and get shot at or something.

Nah, no one thinks Mtal represents Jews. Now, he does make Israel-boosters look bad, that's for sure.

fatduck

Postby fatduck » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:48 pm

Renzo wrote:
firemed wrote:
Mtal goes to law school

Nah, no one thinks Mtal represents Jews. Now, he does make Israel-boosters look bad, that's for sure.

honestly, anyone who automatically assumes a jewish person is an israel apologist is an anti-semite

emmbar53

Postby emmbar53 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:58 pm

fatduck wrote:
Renzo wrote:
firemed wrote:
Mtal goes to law school

honestly, anyone who automatically assumes a jewish person is an israel apologist is an anti-semite

Have you seen MTal post history?

fatduck

Postby fatduck » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:00 pm

emmbar53 wrote:
fatduck wrote:
Renzo wrote:Nah, no one thinks Mtal represents Jews. Now, he does make Israel-boosters look bad, that's for sure.

Have you seen MTal post history?

you misunderstood my post.

firemed

Postby firemed » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:13 am

fatduck wrote:

I didn't assume that as a jew he was an israel apologist... rather I assumed as an israel apologist that he was a jew. I think this is mostly because the majority of the apologists I hear are on fridays and saturdays at temple. I forget that in addition to many jews... that conservatives, fundamentalist christians, nutjobs, and a variety of others are, in fact, also israel apologists.

But you are correct that this was an incorrect assumption and prejudiced on my part (against my own people... go fig). Oh well, live and learn.

Oh, and in case it ever comes up: my position is that the state of Israel should exist, but what they do to the Palestinians is terrible... and needs to change.

smittelman6

Postby smittelman6 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:54 am

firemed wrote:

at least then maybe he'd have a solid chance at getting laid...

MTal

Postby MTal » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:41 am

firemed wrote:
fatduck wrote:

I didn't assume that as a jew he was an israel apologist... rather I assumed as an israel apologist that he was a jew. I think this is mostly because the majority of the apologists I hear are on fridays and saturdays at temple. I forget that in addition to many jews... that conservatives, fundamentalist christians, nutjobs, and a variety of others are, in fact, also israel apologists.

But you are correct that this was an incorrect assumption and prejudiced on my part (against my own people... go fig). Oh well, live and learn.

Oh, and in case it ever comes up: my position is that the state of Israel should exist, but what they do to the Palestinians is terrible... and needs to change.

You're right...Palestinians in the West Bank have one of the highest longevities and living standards per capita in the Arab world..."THIS MUST CHANGE!"

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:45 am

firemed wrote:
Mtal goes to law school

You're Jewish? :shock:

I never would have guessed.

blacklawboss

Postby blacklawboss » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:45 am

You're right...Palestinians in the West Bank have one of the highest longevities and living standards per capita in the Arab world..."THIS MUST CHANGE!"[/quote]

UH Oh who woke up super FLAME?

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:46 am

blacklawboss wrote:UH Oh who woke up super FLAME?

The standard of living in the Arab world happens to be that bad.

That being said, Israel is far from infallible (just as MTal is far from a pleasant human being).

MTal

Postby MTal » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:00 am

HeavenWood wrote:

That being said, Israel is far from infallible (just as MTal is far from a pleasant human being).

I don't believe Israel is infallible just as no democracy in the world is infallible, and I criticize many aspects of its policies including the settlements. However, looking at the big picture, Israel has been a far FAR greater source of good in the world than of bad.

fatduck

Postby fatduck » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:06 am

--ImageRemoved--

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:15 am

Mtal wrote the article.

DreamShake

Postby DreamShake » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:23 am

I hate to address something from 7 pages ago, but...well, I think it deserves to be addressed:

MTal wrote:
fatduck wrote:
MTal wrote:Regardless of the posters school rank, this is a very sad situation which the poster did not deserve to have happen to them.

unlike all the other homeless people who totally had it coming

sick backpedal from "this is what awaits many of you upon graduation" though

Crackheads, alcoholics, domestic violence abusers, sure. But not someone who, for admittedly misguided reasons attempted to better themselves.

You might want to consider the fact that a significant portion of those who are both homeless and addicts of one sort or another are such because of mental illness and a lack of institutional support. Many are veterans. You might also want to consider the extraordinarily high correlation between domestic violence abusers and domestic violence victims.

How long has it been since you smelled fresh air??

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:43 pm

MTal wrote:I don't believe Israel is infallible just as no democracy in the world is infallible, and I criticize many aspects of its policies including the settlements. However, looking at the big picture, Israel has been a far FAR greater source of good in the world than of bad.

I agree.

JPrezy87

Postby JPrezy87 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:13 pm

MTal wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:

I don't believe Israel is infallible just as no democracy in the world is infallible, and I criticize many aspects of its policies including the settlements. However, looking at the big picture, Israel has been a far FAR greater source of good in the world than of bad.

I agree...but do you think the United States should be subsidizing Israel to the extent that it has in the last 60 years? Israel has consistently been the largest receiver of American foreign and military aid, doesn't that seem a little ridiculous given Israel's wealth? Should America really be tied to the survival of any foreign country???

BrownBears09

Postby BrownBears09 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:43 am

Can we lounge this already?

niederbomb

Postby niederbomb » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:20 pm

JPrezy87 wrote:
MTal wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:

I agree...but do you think the United States should be subsidizing Israel to the extent that it has in the last 60 years? Israel has consistently been the largest receiver of American foreign and military aid, doesn't that seem a little ridiculous given Israel's wealth? Should America really be tied to the survival of any foreign country???

The idea is that Israel is good for U.S. security because it's a bastion of Western sensibility and values in a region of crazies. It's a good bulwark against all the nut cases. Is it worth the cost to America's reputation with said crazies (who, unfortunately, own a buttload of oil)? No idea. I'm not an Economist. I'm inclined to believe that favoring the Arabs would be a smarter national policy, at least until we can get some private carz off the street to get our absurd oil addiction under control.

But yeah, I wish U.S. support would be a lot more covert and less obvious in its support for Israel. Open support of Israel has had some drawbacks for U.S. security. Covert military support + public disapproval in forums like the UN would be a good compromise.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”