This is what awaits many of you upon graduation.

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
romothesavior

Re: This is what awaits many of you upon graduation.

Postby romothesavior » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:43 pm

I am just crossing my fingers for rampant bankruptcy. Think post-WWI Germany. I want it to cost $200 to buy a loaf of bread. I'll just pay off my loans with a wheelbarrow full of cash.

Mickey Quicknumbers

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:45 pm

romothesavior wrote:I am just crossing my fingers for rampant bankruptcy. Think post-WWI Germany. I want it to cost $200 to buy a loaf of bread. I'll just pay off my loans with a wheelbarrow full of cash.

That's right Romo. If you can't pick yourself up. Pull the rest of the world down!

flcath

Postby flcath » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:48 pm

Mickey Quicknumbers wrote:
romothesavior wrote:I am just crossing my fingers for rampant bankruptcy. Think post-WWI Germany. I want it to cost $200 to buy a loaf of bread. I'll just pay off my loans with a wheelbarrow full of cash.

That's right Romo. If you can't pick yourself up. Pull the rest of the world down!

I see nothing wrong with this.

I've been secretly hoping for a population-thinning India-Pakistan nuclear war for years now.

Mickey Quicknumbers

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:50 pm

flcath wrote:

I've been secretly hoping for a population-thinning India-Pakistan nuclear war for years now.

For my long-term interests, I wouldn't mind if all law schools in the nation closed down for about 4-6 years starting the day I graduate.

mpj_3050

Postby mpj_3050 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:51 pm

Why are people still breeding ITE?

Veyron

Postby Veyron » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:52 pm

You just KNOW that some serious inflation is on the way with the way we've been printing T-bills. Still, federal loans are 6-8% so it would have to be some pretty serious inflation, doubt it will get that high. I don't think even stagflation was that bad.

fatduck

Postby fatduck » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:56 pm

mpj_3050 wrote:Why are people still breeding ITE?

says the guy with the gorilla 'tar

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:57 pm

Mickey Quicknumbers wrote:For my long-term interests, I wouldn't mind if all law schools in the nation closed down for about 4-6 years starting the day I graduate.

Now would be even better.

2L2011

Postby 2L2011 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:06 pm

And yet I bet cooley opens a 5th campus in the UP just to bring in an extra few thousand a year.
I wonder how long untill whittier opens satalite campus's? :lol:

romothesavior wrote:
Mickey Quicknumbers wrote:For my long-term interests, I wouldn't mind if all law schools in the nation closed down for about 4-6 years starting the day I graduate.

Now would be even better.

lolschool2011

Postby lolschool2011 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:25 pm

flcath wrote:

For my long-term interests, I wouldn't mind if all law schools in the nation closed down for about 4-6 years starting the day I graduate.

No one cares about your long-term interests mr pointillism.

Mickey Quicknumbers

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:48 pm

lolschool2011 wrote:No one cares about your long-term interests mr pointillism.

oooh snarky.

FiveSermon

Postby FiveSermon » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:40 pm

Veyron wrote:

You just KNOW that some serious inflation is on the way with the way we've been printing T-bills. Still, federal loans are 6-8% so it would have to be some pretty serious inflation, doubt it will get that high. I don't think even stagflation was that bad.

I see all that education is paying off.

2L2011

Postby 2L2011 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:03 am

people like you end up shooting up the school or blowing up govt buildings. :( :shock:

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:04 am

2L2011 wrote:people like you end up shooting up the school or blowing up govt buildings. :( :shock:

Seems like a fair assertion.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:11 am

2L2011 wrote:

people like you end up shooting up the school or blowing up govt buildings. :( :shock:

Religious fanatic? Check.
No discernible job prospects? Check (lol Emory).
Sexual frustration? Check.
Questionable fashion sense? Check.

Yep, I'd say Mickey is a ticking time bomb. :lol:

Mickey Quicknumbers

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:12 am

romothesavior wrote:
2L2011 wrote:

Just you wait till i'm finished . . .

AreJay711

Postby AreJay711 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:44 am

Veyron wrote:

30 year treasuries are at 4.6%. We might get lucky but something would have to happen beyond normal growth.

*lol at hoping for rampant inflation*

2L2011

Postby 2L2011 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:47 am

I never knew how fun terrorism and child abuse could be untill I found this forum.......... :shock: :lol:

Just you wait till i'm finished . . .

Image[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Veyron

Postby Veyron » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:57 am

AreJay711 wrote:
Veyron wrote:

30 year treasuries are at 4.6%. We might get lucky but something would have to happen beyond normal growth.

*lol at hoping for rampant inflation*

I mean, it would be pretty good for debtors and since I'm massively in debt and the US is massively in debt. . . well, China can just shove it.

MTal

Postby MTal » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:39 am

Heheheheheheh...

Hehehehehehe. Heheheheheeeeeeeeeeeheheheheheh. EEeeeehehehehehehe.

Hehe.

Heh.

XxSpyKEx

Postby XxSpyKEx » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:21 am

WitsEnd wrote:I have been a lurker but haven't posted until now. This is my situation of which I am deeply ashamed. It's just not supposed to be like this. I have as my moniker suggests come to my witsend of the situation I'm in.

I live in suburban NY and graduated from one of the TTT/TTTT institutions. I graduated middle of the pack (3.1 gpa) I passed the bar on the first try but have not been able to secure gainful employment. The best I could do is working retail for $8.50/hr and only part-time. I sent out hundreds of resumes and can't get a lawyer job....regardless of the pay....can't get anything decent or paying above what I'm making at my clothing store. I even got turned down from the local 7-11 night shift job.

A couple months ago I did sales work for a title insurance company but that fell through. Between gas and only getting paid on commission that deal put me in the hole even more. as a matter of fact thats when I got stopped driving without insurance because I couldn't afford it.

I an 29 have 30K in undergrad debt and 120K in law school debt and a 5K bar loan. Interest rates are variable but I am obviously in default so it doesn't matter. I clear about $180 a week. I am now getting evicted and have nowhere to go. My landlord was decent, but she could only take so much and had me evicted and the sheriff just put a 72 hour notice on my door.

My father is dead and my mother can't help me as she is only living on SSI and can't take me in because she rents an apartment with a roomate. I have no siblings or other family. I have some friends but I am ashamed to ask them to take me in as they, themselves aren't doing well either.

I am at my wits end. I really don't know what my next step will be. I have about $300 bucks to my name right now, no car, no assets other than some of my cloths, some cheap furniture, my 5 year old laptop and my late fathers class ring.

I never though this could happen to me. I never did drugs, never drank, never been arrested, I did everything I was supposed to do. I went to college, went on to law school yet I'm facing homelessness in the winter. It's just not supposed to be this way.

LMFAO. Thanks for this, I needed a good laugh.

JusticeHarlan

Postby JusticeHarlan » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:12 am

MTal wrote:--ImageRemoved--

JPrezy87

Postby JPrezy87 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:17 pm

romothesavior wrote:
2L2011 wrote:

--ImageRemoved--

just thought I'd speak for everyone on this board...oh and Emory is a first tier and the top law school in Georgia btw ;)

Adjudicator

Postby Adjudicator » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:20 pm

MTal wrote:This is what awaits many of you upon graduation.

This is what awaits the OP:

retake

Postby retake » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:43 pm

Making fun of homeless people makes me feel better about myself, therefore I will make fun of homeless homeless people to feel better about myself, because making fun of homeless people makes me feel better about myself.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”