Silly Question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
red_alertz

Silly Question

Postby red_alertz » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:36 pm

When I visit this forum, especially in the "admitted, denial, waitlist" section, seems almost everyone who posted got admitted with scholarships, I know this forum is not a representative sample, but about how many ppl in general are admitted with scholarships? I have a horrible GPA so I am not hoping for any, admittance would be more than enough for me, do the highly qualified students who receive scholarships are often admitted first?

HugerThanSoup

Re: Silly Question

Postby HugerThanSoup » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:44 pm

If you log onto LSAC.org, you can find information for each law school re: number or percentage of incoming students with scholarships, along with the average scholarship or grant amount.

red_alertz

Postby red_alertz » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:53 pm

HugerThanSoup wrote:If you log onto LSAC.org, you can find information for each law school re: number or percentage of incoming students with scholarships, along with the average scholarship or grant amount.

are scholarship students admitted quicker though?

HugerThanSoup

Postby HugerThanSoup » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:54 pm

No. If you apply early, you have a better chance of getting money because there will be a smaller pot by the end. But admissions are done on a rolling basis and you probably have a better shot of getting in if you apply early, as well.

red_alertz

Postby red_alertz » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:12 pm

HugerThanSoup wrote:No. If you apply early, you have a better chance of getting money because there will be a smaller pot by the end. But admissions are done on a rolling basis and you probably have a better shot of getting in if you apply early, as well.

what would you consider early though? I applied late november/early december mostly, is that about average?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”