June vs Oct LSAT for 3.1 GPA applicant Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
oyezoyez2015

New

June vs Oct LSAT for 3.1 GPA applicant

Post by oyezoyez2015 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:16 pm

Hello,

I am currently signed up for the June LSAT, but am working full time. So far, my prep has been hindered by my work schedule and I'm wondering if I should just consider rescheduling for the Oct exam to achieve maximum potential. I'm currently PT'ing ~164, and I'll be leaving my current job in the summer which will allow me to dedicate a lot more time to LSAT prep. However, my only worry is that considering I have a low gpa (3.1), will taking the Oct LSAT hurt my chances at getting a look from some schools (shooting for T-14). Or will I still be early enough if I apply with an Oct LSAT score.

Thanks in advance

trudat15

Silver

Re: June vs Oct LSAT for 3.1 GPA applicant

Post by trudat15 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:43 pm

oyezoyez2015 wrote:Hello,

I am currently signed up for the June LSAT, but am working full time. So far, my prep has been hindered by my work schedule and I'm wondering if I should just consider rescheduling for the Oct exam to achieve maximum potential. I'm currently PT'ing ~164, and I'll be leaving my current job in the summer which will allow me to dedicate a lot more time to LSAT prep. However, my only worry is that considering I have a low gpa (3.1), will taking the Oct LSAT hurt my chances at getting a look from some schools (shooting for T-14). Or will I still be early enough if I apply with an Oct LSAT score.

Thanks in advance
In general I think 3-4 months is plenty of time, even working full time. But see how you progress and go from there (you can delay to Oct later on if you feel y ou arent ready for June). For T14, I would say you need a >170 to have a shot at NU (with WE) or V. Both with ED.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”