Facing the hard truth...

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Moral_Midgetry

Re: Facing the hard truth...

Postby Moral_Midgetry » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:07 am

Shame to waste your GPA on a T2 if you can get 165 or better. 170 or better and you're looking at t14.

Take this from someone who was in your exact position last cycle. The best option is to retake. The year off won't hurt as bad as you think. It is boring (assuming you are straight chillin') but worth it in the long run.

joemoviebuff

Postby joemoviebuff » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:12 am

If you have in state tuition at the U, it's not horrible. By why pay 60 grand for something when you could pay nothing? Presumably you're young, and you like to ski. Enjoy another year of your youth at Snowbird and save some money, pour everything you've got into the LSAT, and profit. It's infinitely better than going forward with school now, where you know you didn't reach your potential and could've saved yourself tens of thousands of dollars.

Start studying again tomorrow! PM me if you want my LSAT strategy or just to talk things Utah ha ha

IamAskier

Postby IamAskier » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:14 am

joemoviebuff wrote:If you have in state tuition at the U, it's not horrible. By why pay 60 grand for something when you could pay nothing? Presumably you're young, and you like to ski. Enjoy another year of your youth at Snowbird and save some money, pour everything you've got into the LSAT, and profit. It's infinitely better than going forward with school now, where you know you didn't reach your potential and could've saved yourself tens of thousands of dollars.

Start studying again tomorrow! PM me if you want my LSAT strategy or just to talk things Utah ha ha

Thanks, I'll definitely take you up on it. I just wish I was done with school, last semester senior year is such a drag.

fragged

Postby fragged » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:57 am

Veyron wrote:
IamAskier wrote:
Veyron wrote:A T-2 is "decent" ITE in WHAT universe?

They're not T3s. It doesn't really matter what you label them; decent, shitty, I'm not saying they're fantastic, I know their degrees offer only limited opportunities.

There is NO difference between T-2s and T-3s.

There is also NO difference between ignorant claims and baseless ones.

Veyron

Postby Veyron » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:59 am

dr123 wrote:
Veyron wrote:A T-2 is "decent" ITE in WHAT universe?

the universe of markets with a limited ammount of schools. Nebraska, Kentucky/Louisville, Idaho, Maine, etc...

This is true. However, it has nothing to do with the school being "T-2." The University of Montana (for example) has prospects just as good as any of the schools you mentioned, though ranked far lower.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”