Too late for Lewis and Clark?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Gatorbull84

Too late for Lewis and Clark?

Postby Gatorbull84 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:30 pm

I have a 161 LSAT, 3.9 undergrad gpa in Bioengineering, 3.6 grad gpa in molecular medicine, non URM.

Is too late to apply to lewis and clark and recieve scholarship money?

NorCalBruin

Re: Too late for Lewis and Clark?

Postby NorCalBruin » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:03 pm

Yes it is. Basically.

I called a week ago and they said they were out of scholarship money. I believe them because they are notorious for running out of scholarship money early.

That said, there are lots of people with scholarship money who will withdraw (like me! probably). I would apply, get admitted. Then write a letter saying why you need / deserve scholarship money and to consider you when it becomes available.

Gatorbull84

Postby Gatorbull84 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:15 pm

Thanks. I might apply just to see if I can A) get in and B) get money

I want to go to a school that is located somewhere that is friendly to outdoor activities and Lewis and Clark seems great.

wester0

Postby wester0 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:50 pm

Last edited by wester0 on Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:00 pm

I'll be giving up my $80K at some point, probably. Applying is very likely worth it. Portland is certainly a fantastic location for playing outdoors, with so many different things within 1-3 hours of the city. (Beach, mountain, forest, desert, river, etc.)

Obligatory lecture: But I hope outdoor recreation isn't a main factor in your school choice. Obviously you want to like the place you're living for 3 years, but job opportunities and school quality should be much higher on your list. You'll also probably be stuck working in the PNW (not that being "stuck" in Portland is a horrible fate) because L&C, like most of Tier 2, is regional.

Personally, I'm an avid snowboarder and I'm looking at moving away from Portland to the FLAT FLAT FLAT midwest for 3 years to go to a better school. A depressing thought, but I think it's worth it.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”