Top school admissions

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
SLU-Monster

Top school admissions

Postby SLU-Monster » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:57 pm

Hello, I have a 176 LSAT and a 3.78 LSDAS GPA, what law schools do you think are in the realm of possibility.
I'm a 22 year old white male if that adds at all to your thought process. I have written what I and the pre-law professors at my UG believe to be quite a strong personal statement. I was President of my Fraternity, and I held a Chair position in my college republicans chapter, as well as in the pre law fraternity chapter at my UG.

francisConn

Re: Top school admissions

Postby francisConn » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:00 pm

Every law school in the country should be within the realm of possibility.

rman1201

Postby rman1201 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:00 pm

Auto ding at Non-UVA T14 schools for Republican Association.

But really - in at CCN down, 50/50 chance at HYS.

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:02 pm

Several Top 14 law schools are considered a bit more conservative than liberal.

northwood

Postby northwood » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:02 pm

SLU-Monster wrote:Hello, I have a 176 LSAT and a 3.78 LSDAS GPA, what law schools do you think are in the realm of possibility.
I'm a 22 year old white male if that adds at all to your thought process. I have written what I and the pre-law professors at my UG believe to be quite a strong personal statement. I was President of my Fraternity, and I held a Chair position in my college republicans chapter, as well as in the pre law fraternity chapter at my UG.

if you apply early next cycle ( think september) your chances at all of the schools will be much greater than if you were to apply now.

Verisimi

Postby Verisimi » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:21 pm

northwood wrote:
SLU-Monster wrote:Hello, I have a 176 LSAT and a 3.78 LSDAS GPA, what law schools do you think are in the realm of possibility.

if you apply early next cycle ( think september) your chances at all of the schools will be much greater than if you were to apply now.

+1. Also, is pre-law your major? because I don't know any good schools that offer that as a major. Regardless, should be pretty good chances at CCN, decent at H, and probably out but who knows at YS.

SLU-Monster

Postby SLU-Monster » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:05 pm

I actually am set to obtain two degrees, one a BA in Political Science, the other a BA in Economics. I am graduating from SLU and their pre-law program is more of a track and is only a secondary major.
Verisimi wrote:
northwood wrote:

+1. Also, is pre-law your major? because I don't know any good schools that offer that as a major. Regardless, should be pretty good chances at CCN, decent at H, and probably out but who knows at YS.

rman1201

Postby rman1201 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:08 pm

SLU-Monster wrote:I actually am set to obtain two degrees, one a BA in Political Science, the other a BA in Economics. I am graduating from SLU and their pre-law program is more of a track and is only a secondary major.

Is it too late to drop the pre-law minor? It carries a pretty negative stigma at most law schools, your app would be stronger without it.

notanumber

Postby notanumber » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:15 pm

The Republican chair thing will really help. You'd stand a much better chance at HYS if you involved yourself with a few campaigns or interned with a right-wing think tank.

ahduth

Postby ahduth » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:16 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:Several Top 14 law schools are considered a bit more conservative than liberal.

Chicago amirite?

gothamm

Postby gothamm » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:34 am

threads like these are extremely confusing to me.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”