LOCI Question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
BEAST_mode

LOCI Question

Postby BEAST_mode » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:03 pm

So my signifiacnt other has recently been accepted to the graduate department at a school whose LS conveniently placed me on the waitlist. It is her absolute first choice, and she is really looking to attend. The school is among my top choices, and althlough I would surely be happy elsewhere, I now feel as if I should do all in my power to get off the list. No pressure, right?

Question: Is it worth noting her acceptance in my LOCI? Will admissions show any compassion for the situation? Will committing to the school as opposed to simply showing "continued interest" give me a bump?

Although I feel as if my numbers give me a decent shot, the school has a notoriously long waitlist. Any adivce would be greatly appreciated.

BEAST_mode

Re: LOCI Question

Postby BEAST_mode » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:33 pm

BUMP

RTFM

Re: LOCI Question

Postby RTFM » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:26 pm

I think it's worth mentioning. Lots of the LOCI advice around the forums has suggested indicating why you'd like to be in a particular city, and that seems like a very good reason.

Additionally, I knew a girl who had the numbers for Stanford while her fiance's LSAT was 25%... now they're both at Stanford. You never know.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”