Question on LSAC GPA - Grad School Before Finish Undergrad

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
vrajanna

Question on LSAC GPA - Grad School Before Finish Undergrad

Postby vrajanna » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:52 am

Ok, this is my first post here, but I have found the forums really helpful, especially since I just now started my journey to hopefully getting acceptance into law school.

I was in undergrad and at the urging of my parents, I applied for my Pharm.D. and received early admission after only 3 years of undergrad, and I never received my undergrad degree. Well, due to various medical reasons I received three Ds (over a few semesters) and was academically dismissed. I then went back to undergrad and graduated with two degrees in Information Systems and Accounting and I am not attending Johns Hopkins for my Masters.

Will my courses in my Pharm.D. count as part of my LSAC GPA or will the transcript just be attached since they are graduate courses? I am waiting on one more transcript to be sent in in roder for my GPA analysis to come up but I was just curious.

I will be applying part-time, since I will be working full-time for the Navy and I will be 29 before I start law school. Due to work I will have to stay on the East Coast (VA, DC, MD areas)

Any advice will be appreciated.

rose711

Re: Question on LSAC GPA - Grad School Before Finish Undergrad

Postby rose711 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:35 am

vrajanna wrote:Ok, this is my first post here, but I have found the forums really helpful, especially since I just now started my journey to hopefully getting acceptance into law school.

I was in undergrad and at the urging of my parents, I applied for my Pharm.D. and received early admission after only 3 years of undergrad, and I never received my undergrad degree. Well, due to various medical reasons I received three Ds (over a few semesters) and was academically dismissed. I then went back to undergrad and graduated with two degrees in Information Systems and Accounting and I am not attending Johns Hopkins for my Masters.

Will my courses in my Pharm.D. count as part of my LSAC GPA or will the transcript just be attached since they are graduate courses? I am waiting on one more transcript to be sent in in roder for my GPA analysis to come up but I was just curious.

I have always seen graduate courses being treated separately from undergrad IF the credits are not being used for fulfilling the undergrad degrees.

I don't know if you will still have to disclose the Pharm D grades - actually, I am pretty sure you will- but I don't know how that might enter into GPA calculation if the credits aren't used for graduation requirements. Be prepared with an excellent story about why those grades happened and how you are so different now.

Can you see what the GPA your school is giving you now for your undergraduate degrees?

I will be applying part-time, since I will be working full-time for the Navy and I will be 29 before I start law school. Due to work I will have to stay on the East Coast (VA, DC, MD areas)

Any advice will be appreciated.

What advice are you requesting here? This seems complicated.. I don't know how the Navy might help you with tuition and other costs in addition to your work. I don't know what your LSAT is. And I don't know if you are asking where to apply?

vrajanna

Re: Question on LSAC GPA - Grad School Before Finish Undergrad

Postby vrajanna » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:33 am

Well, I was just saying that last part as clarification on my application as a whole.

I am still not able to see my transcripts analysis on LSAC so I guess it is a waiting game now.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”