Would applying in November be late for rolling admissions?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
krasivaya

Would applying in November be late for rolling admissions?

Postby krasivaya » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:11 pm

Hi all,

Do you think applying in early November would be too late to have a shot at reach schools like HYS?

I'm debating taking the LSAT in June or October, I might not be completely ready by June but if I take it in October I won't get my scores until the end of the month which will put me behind in the applications process.

What would you do?

EDIT: changed rich to reach, keyboard fail.
Last edited by krasivaya on Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

URMdan

Re: Would applying in November be late for rolling admissions?

Postby URMdan » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:23 pm

It wouldn't for Yale since they don't do rolling admissions. You're fckd everywhere else though unless you have perfect numbers

voltage88

Postby voltage88 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:51 pm

URMdan wrote:It wouldn't for Yale since they don't do rolling admissions. You're fckd everywhere else though unless you have perfect numbers

Um, no. This is definitely not true. Stop giving shitty advice if you don't know wtf youre talking about.

URMdan

Postby URMdan » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:53 pm

voltage88 wrote:
URMdan wrote:It wouldn't for Yale since they don't do rolling admissions. You're fckd everywhere else though unless you have perfect numbers

Um, no. This is definitely not true. Stop giving shitty advice if you don't know wtf youre talking about.

For some reason I thought OP said early February, not November.
Last edited by URMdan on Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:53 pm

No, it wouldn't be late anywhere.

voltage88

Postby voltage88 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:54 pm

URMdan wrote:
voltage88 wrote:

Prove me wrong then, dickhead.

Um, the burden of proof is on you with such an outlandish statement...November is still very early

URMdan

Postby URMdan » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:55 pm

URMdan wrote:
voltage88 wrote:

For some reason I thought OP said early February, not November.

TheStrand

Postby TheStrand » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:06 pm

November is not late at all unless you're doing early decision obv, and even then, the scores are usually out before those deadlines.

But...June is kind of a long time from now and more than adequate time for studying. You could study for the June test, see how you do, and if you do poorly then a retake in October will still leave you well-timed to be early/on time for apps.

gens1tb

Postby gens1tb » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:30 pm

The October LSAT will not make your applications "late."

Unless the school you're interested averages scores, you can take the LSAT in June and then use October as a "retake" if needed.

krasivaya

Postby krasivaya » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:22 pm

TheStrand wrote:November is not late at all unless you're doing early decision obv, and even then, the scores are usually out before those deadlines.

But...June is kind of a long time from now and more than adequate time for studying. You could study for the June test, see how you do, and if you do poorly then a retake in October will still leave you well-timed to be early/on time for apps.

If I weren't studying abroad, I'd totally consider taking it in June. I just don't think I'd have enough time to relax/refresh after spending May abroad and coming home with five days until the LSAT.

Thanks for the input all, I love TLS but all of your numbers are so good they make me nervous ;)

TheStrand

Postby TheStrand » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:40 pm

Where are you studying abroad? Forget the LSAT, enjoy that. I spent a semester abroad and it was the best four months of my life. Don't taint it with thoughts of law school.

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:20 pm

No. November is not late. Don't believe half the stuff you read on the TLS like anything after Sep1 is late and you have to apply early or you wont get in. These are the same people who submit GPA addendums* for all A's and 1 C.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”