Schools specializing in Transactional Law

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
michelle_n

Schools specializing in Transactional Law

Postby michelle_n » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:43 pm

I just submitted my application to Cali schools. But only 1 of them specialized in Business & Transactional Law. I was wondering what other schools specialize in Business & Transactional Law. Also, I am interested in the JD/MBA program, is the additional year and debt worth it?

txadv11

Re: Schools specializing in Transactional Law

Postby txadv11 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:52 pm

michelle_n

Postby michelle_n » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:11 pm

Thanks. But how's the weather in Atlanta? I live in Las Vegas and we never have snow here, it just gets scorching hot. I might not survive there...

rman1201

Postby rman1201 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:16 pm

michelle_n wrote:

Thanks. But how's the weather in Atlanta? I live in Las Vegas and we never have snow here, it just gets scorching hot. I might not survive there...

Are you seriously concerned about Atlanta being too cold?

michelle_n

Postby michelle_n » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:26 pm

rman1201 wrote:
michelle_n wrote:

Are you seriously concerned about Atlanta being too cold?

Well, not really. I guess my concern is how's the whole environment, like the people, the school... I think I confined myself in the Pacific (Cali and NV) that it might be waaaay out there for me to survive...

rman1201

Postby rman1201 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:34 pm

Pick schools based primarily on rank, location, and cost/scholarships. Specialties should only come into play if a) the specialty is IP and the school is Berkeley or GW or b) its a tie breaker between schools where all other above mentioned factors equal out.

Here's UMN's program though, looks neat
http://law.umn.edu/prospective/coursede ... ?course=66

And I've heard from Emory students the school is in a very nice neighborhood. Atlanta does have plenty of rough parts though. The weather does get very hot, but probably nothing you aren't used to.

Just take some time to visit different schools/locations and get a feel for what you like and don't like if you are looking to get out of the region.

michelle_n

Postby michelle_n » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:49 pm

rman1201 wrote:Pick schools based primarily on rank, location, and cost/scholarships. Specialties should only come into play if a) the specialty is IP and the school is Berkeley or GW or b) its a tie breaker between schools where all other above mentioned factors equal out.

Here's UMN's program though, looks neat
http://law.umn.edu/prospective/coursede ... ?course=66

And I've heard from Emory students the school is in a very nice neighborhood. Atlanta does have plenty of rough parts though. The weather does get very hot, but probably nothing you aren't used to.

Just take some time to visit different schools/locations and get a feel for what you like and don't like if you are looking to get out of the region.

Thanks for the advice. I'm seriously considering U of Miami.

Veyron

Postby Veyron » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:30 pm

michelle_n wrote:I just submitted my application to Cali schools. But only 1 of them specialized in Business & Transactional Law. I was wondering what other schools specialize in Business & Transactional Law. Also, I am interested in the JD/MBA program, is the additional year and debt worth it?

Go to Stanford, Berkley / thread

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”