Missing seat deposits to ride out waitlists

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
BeachedBrit

Missing seat deposits to ride out waitlists

Postby BeachedBrit » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:27 pm

So what happens if I miss a seat deposit deadline to try to ride out a waitlist? Can I still pay the seat deposit later if I don't get in anywhere from a waitlist or am I basically stuck with nothing if I don't pay deposits and don't get in anywhere from a waitlist/hold.

bk1

Re: Missing seat deposits to ride out waitlists

Postby bk1 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:29 pm

Paying the seat deposit at school A and staying on the waitlist at school B are not mutually exclusive.

shoop

Postby shoop » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:56 pm

bk1 wrote:Paying the seat deposit at school A and staying on the waitlist at school B are not NECESSARILY ALWAYS mutually exclusive.

FTFY. Some schools stipulate that when you put down a seat deposit, you need to withdraw all other applications.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:09 pm

shoop wrote:FTFY. Some schools stipulate that when you put down a seat deposit, you need to withdraw all other applications.

Contact the school, they should allow this. Generally schools (due to the way LSAC handles it) tend to be unhappy with people who have multiple seat deposits, however waitlists are fine.

If there seriously is some school that does not, you probably don't want to go there.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”