Law School Reports Run-Around! Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
HOPEFORCHANGE

Bronze

Law School Reports Run-Around!

Post by HOPEFORCHANGE » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:28 am

Hello, I called one of the schools to which I applied to inquire about whether they have everything they needed from me application-wise. They said they did not have my law school reports (this was on Wednesday). Today I called LSAC and asked about this and they said they sent them on the January 21st through e-mail, mail, and the school can electronically request them. I called the school back and a person who was filling in for the secretary because she was in a meeting said there was no way there was a mess up at the school because they don't get tons and tons of apps. I called LSAC back and they said the school would have to request them again if they don't have them. I didn't call the school back and feel weird about saying "Yeah, LSAC says you're going to have to request them again." I know I can word this nicely, but will this be extremely annoying and not exactly black-list me, but make me look aggressive to the adcom? Also, I cannot call them Monday because of another obligation so if I do call I either have to call tomorrow (Friday) or Tuesday. Should I wait until the Tuesday if I do call and should I call the school? Thanks.

HowdyYall

Bronze

Re: Law School Reports Run-Around!

Post by HowdyYall » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:37 am

HOPEFORCHANGE wrote:Hello, I called one of the schools to which I applied to inquire about whether they have everything they needed from me application-wise. They said they did not have my law school reports (this was on Wednesday). Today I called LSAC and asked about this and they said they sent them on the January 21st through e-mail, mail, and the school can electronically request them. I called the school back and a person who was filling in for the secretary because she was in a meeting said there was no way there was a mess up at the school because they don't get tons and tons of apps. I called LSAC back and they said the school would have to request them again if they don't have them. I didn't call the school back and feel weird about saying "Yeah, LSAC says you're going to have to request them again." I know I can word this nicely, but will this be extremely annoying and not exactly black-list me, but make me look aggressive to the adcom? Also, I cannot call them Monday because of another obligation so if I do call I either have to call tomorrow (Friday) or Tuesday. Should I wait until the Tuesday if I do call and should I call the school? Thanks.
I feel like emailing them might be the better way to go in this situation. USC wanted me to send my study abroad transcript to LSAC for processing but LSAC wouldnt process it so i simply emailed USC about the situation and they got it cleared up

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”