Midnight Deadline

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
voltage88

Midnight Deadline

Postby voltage88 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:38 pm

So I submitted some applications yesterday before the midnight deadline. Late, I know :\ But some school still have not requested the reports while some requested them today (Feb 2nd). I'm wondering if the Feb 1 deadline was for applications to be electronically submitted or for the schools to have received everything including the LSDAS report and such. Does anyone know?

flepper

Re: Midnight Deadline

Postby flepper » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:30 pm

I believe the time stamp on your application sent from the LSAC to the school is distinct from the report the school requests from LSAC. The deadline on your app materials is separate from the transcripts and LSAT score the schools must request. I may be wrong, though... anyone else want to chime in?

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:35 pm

flepper wrote:I believe the time stamp on your application sent from the LSAC to the school is distinct from the report the school requests from LSAC. The deadline on your app materials is separate from the transcripts and LSAT score the schools must request. I may be wrong, though... anyone else want to chime in?

I agree. A lot of the early decision deadlines asked that the materials be submitted by midnight, and applicants weren't penalized if the schools did not request the info by that time. Plus a couple schools today have been releasing new fee waivers, so those ones at least are accepting apps past the deadline.

voltage88

Postby voltage88 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:41 pm

law_monkey wrote:
flepper wrote:I believe the time stamp on your application sent from the LSAC to the school is distinct from the report the school requests from LSAC. The deadline on your app materials is separate from the transcripts and LSAT score the schools must request. I may be wrong, though... anyone else want to chime in?

I agree. A lot of the early decision deadlines asked that the materials be submitted by midnight, and applicants weren't penalized if the schools did not request the info by that time. Plus a couple schools today have been releasing new fee waivers, so those ones at least are accepting apps past the deadline.

Thanks for the responses. Are these schools ones that had a Feb 1st deadline? I'm just worried that even though I sent my applications before the deadline and had every supporting document ready to be requested before midnight that I may be penalized for it. I know waiting until the day of was a bad idea, but such is life :\

HowdyYall

Postby HowdyYall » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:48 pm

does anyone know what happens if the Dean's certification is in a few days late? I submitted my app back on Jan 5, but my Dean just sent it in (yes if I am rejected I will murder her haha jk......but seriously, she better watch her back)

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”