Timing Of Merit Award Announcements

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
christinalsat

Timing Of Merit Award Announcements

Postby christinalsat » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:09 pm

Do law schools usually announce merit awards at the time of acceptance? If not, how long will it be before I can assume I didn't receive any merit aid?

CM612

Re: Timing Of Merit Award Announcements

Postby CM612 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:15 pm

christinalsat wrote:Do law schools usually announce merit awards at the time of acceptance? If not, how long will it be before I can assume I didn't receive any merit aid?

It's different for every school. If you have questions I'd call the school and ask.

christinalsat

Postby christinalsat » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:18 pm

Is it also different depending on the student? The schools I'd love to receive some sort of aid from are Michigan, Georgetown, NYU, or Berkeley. No news in my acceptance letters though.

sonervous88

Postby sonervous88 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:20 pm

christinalsat wrote:Is it also different depending on the student? The schools I'd love to receive some sort of aid from are Michigan, Georgetown, NYU, or Berkeley. No news in my acceptance letters though.

Georgetown is not releasing anything at all until february :( i already checked. i got nothing from nyu yet either but i likely will not

CM612

Postby CM612 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:21 pm

christinalsat wrote:Is it also different depending on the student? The schools I'd love to receive some sort of aid from are Michigan, Georgetown, NYU, or Berkeley. No news in my acceptance letters though.

Georgetown's said they'll be releasing scholarship news at the end of March. I don't know about the others. Read the financial aid stuff carefully and check out the school forums. I'm sure you'll find the answers.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”