Quick question about LOR criteria! Please help!

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
gtrwanka

Quick question about LOR criteria! Please help!

Postby gtrwanka » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:04 pm

My Professor is currently stuck in Europe. She has my letter written but she does not have her official letterhead with her. Is it OK for the LOR to be on plain standard paper instead of an official university letterhead? Will it hurt my chances if it is not? She has letterheads on her way and will probably receive them in a couple of days, but I rather have her fax in the LOR ASAP rather than waiting any longer. So, whats the dealio?

acrossthelake

Re: Quick question about LOR criteria! Please help!

Postby acrossthelake » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:03 pm

gtrwanka wrote:My Professor is currently stuck in Europe. She has my letter written but she does not have her official letterhead with her. Is it OK for the LOR to be on plain standard paper instead of an official university letterhead? Will it hurt my chances if it is not? She has letterheads on her way and will probably receive them in a couple of days, but I rather have her fax in the LOR ASAP rather than waiting any longer. So, whats the dealio?

No.

flepper

Re: Quick question about LOR criteria! Please help!

Postby flepper » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:40 pm

Agreed. I'm pretty sure if authenticity's in question the LSAC would be glad to provide the recommender's contact info to the school. Considering the amount of reading AdComms have to do I doubt it will be an issue.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”