How long should the resume be on Application??? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
r6_philly

Diamond

Re: How long should the resume be on Application???

Post by r6_philly » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:33 am

neonx wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
modmx wrote:No Dean/Director I talked to at the law forums said there was a 1 page requirement

Mr. Faulk out of UVA specifically said that its such a trivial matter to worry about the 1 page requirement. He, and I quote, said "The more we know about you, the better"
I have come to the conclusion that the more people cut out of their resumes to fit onto one page, the more it benefits people with two-page resumes.

So carry on.
+1.

However, to qualify: my advice is to not strain to fill two pages. If you don't have the experience to back it up, you're wasting everyone's time (including your own.)
That still benefit us two-pagers. So I offer no further objections.

I would have missed out a 2 long conversations with deans had I cut out my 2nd page. Obviously I had the justification for it... (disclaimer)

bluejane428

New

Post by bluejane428 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:28 pm

It should be as long as it needs to be for you to get across
1. Why they should accept you
2. Refer to point 1
My resume is longer than one page because I have had several jobs and research assistantships all forcing me to write a ton, gone to Cambodia/ Zambia/ Vietnam/ India to do service work and done a lot of service around Ithaca NY. I also did a Human Rights internship while studying in London for a semester.
My writing and service is what I want to stress. One page is not enough. If the same idea applies to you, refer to my golden rule.

My golden rule: if it is not written down, it did not happen.

BlakcMajikc

Silver

Post by BlakcMajikc » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:59 am

bluejane428 wrote:It should be as long as it needs to be for you to get across
1. Why they should accept you
2. Refer to point 1
My resume is longer than one page because I have had several jobs and research assistantships all forcing me to write a ton, gone to Cambodia/ Zambia/ Vietnam/ India to do service work and done a lot of service around Ithaca NY. I also did a Human Rights internship while studying in London for a semester.
My writing and service is what I want to stress. One page is not enough. If the same idea applies to you, refer to my golden rule.

My golden rule: if it is not written down, it did not happen.
Reviving posts from 2011... I see what you did there.

MistakenGenius

Silver

Post removed.

Post by MistakenGenius » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:43 am

Post removed.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”