LOCI help

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
nodummy

LOCI help

Postby nodummy » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:52 pm

My question concerns the LOCI. If I am still waiting to hear from other schools that interest me a great deal, what should I say in my LOCI? I am still greatly interested in their program, however at this point I'm not sure if it's my first choice? That said, I would like the option and would therefore like being taken off the Hold list.

Can I just tell them why I want to attend their program and what makes me a good fit? Do I need to tell them that they are my first choice?

dddhhh

Re: LOCI help

Postby dddhhh » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:54 pm

So you are already on the WL at these schools?

dddhhh

Postby dddhhh » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:57 pm

nodummy

Postby nodummy » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:01 pm

dddhhh wrote:Start by checking this out:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/appendixf.html

Thanks, I read this and noticed that all of the examples listed say something to the effect of "As I’ve previously indicated, BLANK school remains my top choice, and if I am admitted I will definitely attend."

I can't say this yet...should I still write the LOCI?

nodummy

Postby nodummy » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:02 pm

dddhhh wrote:So you are already on the WL at these schools?

Yeah, I'm on the Hold list

dddhhh

Postby dddhhh » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:54 pm

nodummy wrote:
dddhhh wrote:Start by checking this out:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/appendixf.html

Thanks, I read this and noticed that all of the examples listed say something to the effect of "As I’ve previously indicated, BLANK school remains my top choice, and if I am admitted I will definitely attend."

I can't say this yet...should I still write the LOCI?

It's risky because if you say that then you are basically saying that you will attend if offered admission. How many schools are you looking to send a LOCI? It is only February, most schools don't start looking at their WL pool until a bit longer so why don't you research the schools and figure out exactly why they'd be the best fit and what you can offer them as well and then send the LOCI.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”