Who to address in LOCI?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
fragged

Who to address in LOCI?

Postby fragged » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:25 pm

I received an email from one of my reaches that my ED app is being held for review with the regular applicant pool.

I want to write up a nice LOCI, but not sure if I should address it to the person who emailed me (Dean of Admissions) or to the dean of the law school.

Most sample LOCI's I've seen address the dean of the school (and the admissions committee) but the person I received the email from clearly wrote a personal email to me, citing specifics that they liked about my application - it was not a form letter.

Any suggestions?

Sandro

Re: Who to address in LOCI?

Postby Sandro » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:38 pm

was your app "Held" or just pushed over in the RD decision pool ? If it was just pushed over I would say its too early for a LOCI unless you have something very substantial to inform them of.

fragged

Postby fragged » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:49 pm

The language they used was "held for review with the regular application pool" so essentially it was pushed to RD.

I will not have any additional information to give them, the LOCI is just more of an indication that I would give my left nut to go there...

ptblazer

Postby ptblazer » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:50 pm

Ladies and gentlemen of the admissions committee?

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:01 pm

fragged wrote:The language they used was "held for review with the regular application pool" so essentially it was pushed to RD.

I will not have any additional information to give them, the LOCI is just more of an indication that I would give my left nut to go there...

I would atleast try to put something personal in it - you visited campus recently, talked with a professor, or had a baby with someone who lived there.

BlueDevil2007

Postby BlueDevil2007 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:21 pm

Address the LOCI to whoever sent you the letter/e-mail.

If it wasn't signed, then address it to the J.D. Admissions XXX Law School.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”