Waiting on Transcript/Recommendation before Deadline!!

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Rlifland

Waiting on Transcript/Recommendation before Deadline!!

Postby Rlifland » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:09 pm

I recently called LSAC to ask them about applying without my recommendations/transcripts being received. They told me I could go ahead and apply before they were sent. Due to two recommendations late in the game and waiting on a grade change (improvement) that kept me from sending my transcript out, these documents are still in transit to LSAC. I'm not sure they told me this while keeping in mind that the deadlines for some of my schools are this coming Tuesday, February 1st.

Does anyone have any idea if they'll take my applications or if my report will be sent without LSAC having received these documents? This is pretty urgent seeing as if they won't I'm out of luck for applying to those schools.... Please help!!

r6_philly

Re: Waiting on Transcript/Recommendation before Deadline!!

Postby r6_philly » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:38 pm

Rlifland wrote:I recently called LSAC to ask them about applying without my recommendations/transcripts being received. They told me I could go ahead and apply before they were sent. Due to two recommendations late in the game and waiting on a grade change (improvement) that kept me from sending my transcript out, these documents are still in transit to LSAC. I'm not sure they told me this while keeping in mind that the deadlines for some of my schools are this coming Tuesday, February 1st.

Does anyone have any idea if they'll take my applications or if my report will be sent without LSAC having received these documents? This is pretty urgent seeing as if they won't I'm out of luck for applying to those schools.... Please help!!

You can send the app, it will just not become complete without them. It's like submitting before taking the LSAT.

Rlifland

Re: Waiting on Transcript/Recommendation before Deadline!!

Postby Rlifland » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:49 pm

Thank you. I submitted the app to LSAC Friday. I was just worried the app wouldn't officially be 'accepted' by the school without the completed list of forms.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”