Why aren't certain religious sects considered URM?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
MrPapagiorgio

Re: Why aren't certain religious sects considered URM?

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:24 pm

kjadkins wrote:
lawfreak wrote:Please show me where in this thread I mentioned anything that has to do with me hating Jews!!! To the contrary, i am very fond of them. I have many jewish friends and hold very highly of them you ignorant dumb troll!

No one accused you of insulting Jews. On the contrary, you actually claim that they are somehow more "deserving" of a good legal education because they have traditionally been over-represented in the legal field. Basically trashing any OTHER religion by saying that they are less worthy to study and practice law.

OP, this was your logic. You insinuated that you would pick a jewish person if you were on adcomm because they are over-represented (thus proving, in your mind and according to your logic, that they are somehow more capable and more deserving as a result). This logically leads to you saying that other religions are less worthy. kjadkins +1
Last edited by MrPapagiorgio on Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dany

Postby Dany » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:24 pm

Emma. wrote:Image

lol

lawfreak wrote:What pills have you been swallowing lately!? Because I praise one religion, I hate all others!!!??? Don't think I do not see where you're trying to go with this you anti-semite!!!

LOL!

dr123

Postby dr123 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:24 pm

MrPapagiorgio wrote:Perhaps I was unclear. When I spoke of bashing others religions, I was not referring to you in this thread. I was referring to the Mormon-bashers (not including yourself).

I was basing my suggestion of your ban on your history of inciting threads like these.

I wasn't bashing mormonism, I have no problems with mormons and they can live their lives however they please. I was talking about polygamy, which is not mutually exclusive with mormonism, and was not bashing it but moreso stating that i do not understand how they do it and that i, myself, could not.

Mickey Quicknumbers

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:26 pm

I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy this thread a little bit.

MrPapagiorgio

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:27 pm

dr123 wrote:
MrPapagiorgio wrote:Perhaps I was unclear. When I spoke of bashing others religions, I was not referring to you in this thread. I was referring to the Mormon-bashers (not including yourself).

I was basing my suggestion of your ban on your history of inciting threads like these.

I wasn't bashing mormonism, I have no problems with mormons and they can live their lives however they please. I was talking about polygamy, which is not mutually exclusive with mormonism, and was not bashing it but moreso stating that i do not understand how they do it and that i, myself, could not.

You are right. My apologies for not separating mormonism from polygamy in general during my accusation.

kjadkins

Postby kjadkins » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:28 pm

lawfreak wrote:

What, are you speechless now? Have I stunted you?

Hahahahaha "stunted"? Assuming you mean "stunned", I am a bit stunned that you would make the radical accusation that I am an anti-semite because I believe that law school should be an opportunity equally available to anyone regardless of religious affiliation and not more accessible to members one particular religion over another.

Too bad we can't also request a ban of his LSN profile due to the inappropriate rape reference. As someone who volunteers with victims of domestic violence and sexual assault, it's vulgar and insulting to compare compulsively status checking to rape.

lawfreak

Postby lawfreak » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:28 pm

MrPapagiorgio wrote:
dr123 wrote:

You are right. My apologies for not separating mormonism from polygamy in general during my accusation.

Haha...It's about time you stop accusing others and start pointing the finger at yourself!

mr_toad

Postby mr_toad » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:28 pm

Mickey Quicknumbers wrote:I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy this thread a little bit.

Where do you even begin? It's like arguing with someone in a language they don't speak. It's just gonna keep getting louder, and it's not going to make anyone happy.

kjadkins

Postby kjadkins » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:29 pm

Mickey Quicknumbers wrote:I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy this thread a little bit.

+1

lawfreak

Postby lawfreak » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:30 pm

kjadkins wrote:
lawfreak wrote:

Hahahahaha "stunted"? Assuming you mean "stunned", I am a bit stunned that you would make the radical accusation that I am an anti-semite because I believe that law school should be an opportunity equally available to anyone regardless of religious affiliation and not more accessible to members one particular religion over another.

Too bad we can't also request a ban of his LSN profile due to the inappropriate rape reference. As someone who volunteers with victims of domestic violence and sexual assault, it's vulgar and insulting to compare compulsively status checking to rape.

I think you should deal with your own issues first before you help others :lol: !!!

kjadkins

Postby kjadkins » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:30 pm

lawfreak wrote:
kjadkins wrote:
lawfreak wrote:

I think you should deal with your own issues first before you help others :lol: !!!

I'm sorry, what issues to which are you referring?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”