In a possible pickle!

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
SheriffMcLawdog

In a possible pickle!

Postby SheriffMcLawdog » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:00 pm

Last edited by SheriffMcLawdog on Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Upton Sinclair

Re: In a possible pickle!

Postby Upton Sinclair » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:03 pm

SheriffMcLawdog wrote:Friends,

So I might be in a pickle. I submitted my apps last week, and checked the no column under the disciplinary questions sections on all my apps. However, after going through some of my old records, i realized that i had a discussion with a student conduct person during the fall of 2009 regarding an alcohol related issue. I was over 21 and in a room with alcohol, but the school was a dry campus. This was also not the school i normally attended, i was doing a semester program there through my regular university. So i guess my question is, can I send a letter to the universities to which I applied telling them of this oversight, and explaining what happened? I don't even know if it is on my record anywhere, but I know full disclosure is usually a good thing. Halp!

P.S.- 3.45GPA/158 LSAT, applied to American, Temple, Rutgers, Seton Hall, Northeastern, Hofstra, Baylor, UConn.

Send them the letter, they won't care. Also don't say "in a pickle".

SheriffMcLawdog

Postby SheriffMcLawdog » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:14 pm

thanks!

ps-how bout in a quagmire.

HowdyYall

Postby HowdyYall » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:29 pm

yeah just send in an addendum. keep it short and sweet

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:33 pm

First, delete your identifying information & law schools to which you applied.

Second, send an addendum.

Third, sleep soundly as it will be a non-issue after the addendum is sent.

joebloe

Postby joebloe » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:06 pm

This shouldn't be a huge issue. It probably isn't even a disciplinary action as you describe it- you just had a discussion, it wasn't a school you attended, etc. I'd word my addendum as something like...

Dear Sir or Madam,

When I submitted my application on [date], I marked "No" on Item [number], which asked about prior disciplinary actions. In reviewing old records, I came across an incident from [year] that I had simply forgotten. [blah blah blah, concisely summarizing incident] I am not certain if this incident would necessitate an affirmative response given the language of the question and nature of the incident, but in the spirit of candor, I felt compelled to submit this addendum. I apologize for not having disclosed this with my original application.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”