LOCI-New Job

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
AMG23

LOCI-New Job

Postby AMG23 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:28 am

First Post Here. I'll learn to edit down. I recently got a 5 + month Temporary Case Assistant Job at a big law firm (one of the 25 biggest in the country). I moved from the East to West Coast, for family reasons, in December and applied to schools two weeks later while unemployed (my last job ended in November and I listed my new West Coast address on my applications). Should I write a letter to schools mentioning my new job? I called UCLA and they said that they don't move an updated application to the back of the pile and I know how much Northwestern loves WE. Also, I mentioned to both Michigan (where I am now complete) and GULC that I moved West for family reasons, so I feel like a letter would be a logical follow up. I'm torn what to do and don't know whether to save a LOCI for my wait lists or to do it now in the hope it turns a reject into a wait list or even admit.

P.S. I'm a 3.47 LSDAS GPA, double major at Southern Cal (2009 grad). Highest LSAT was 170 and I have previous experience working in firms -- both during college and after graduating

Any advice would be awesome. I, like everybody, can't wait for this incredibly nerve-racking time to be over.

Norwood

Re: LOCI-New Job

Postby Norwood » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:30 am

I updated my resume while i was in the application process last year. I believe most schools recommended that i just sent in an updated resume rather than writing a letter just to tell them that i got a new job. just update your resume first and then send a loci later.

StillHerexxx

Re: LOCI-New Job

Postby StillHerexxx » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:29 pm

I would, never hurts. I might be sending one out myself to a few schools because of new legitimate work experience. I just received an acceptance praising a few of my softs for getting me in, so unless they were bsing, good softs won't hurt.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”