LSAC losing transcript updates?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
anniebelle330

LSAC losing transcript updates?

Postby anniebelle330 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:27 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm just wondering how long it took for LSAC to process your updated transcripts. I submitted one to my undergraduate office on Jan. 18th and it still hasn't shown up on LSAC! When I called them, they gave me a super unhelpful "7-10 business days + 3 days mail time."

Could it be that they haven't processed it because they lost it? Earlier in the admissions cycle, LSAC lost two of my LORs, and I had to resubmit both of them. =[

Thanks in advanced for all your responses!

DubPoker

Re: LSAC losing transcript updates?

Postby DubPoker » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:42 pm

Chances are that they did not lose it. Are you even sure your undergrad institution mailed it out the day you sent it?

For my update I submitted the request to my undergrad on Jan 12th. They sent it out on the 13th. LSAC updated it on the 21st. So 9 day turnaround over here. Your on day number 9, so this does not seem out of the ordinary. You are probably just overreacting because of it being far into the application cycle. This is a anxiety filled few months for a lot of us!

anniebelle330

Postby anniebelle330 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:27 pm

Yes, they sent it out on the 18th (I got a confirmation email about it). Thanks for telling me your turn-around was 9 days - hopefully it will be updated soon. You're right, I'm pretty stressing out because of the general anxiety of applying to law schools!

polareagle

Postby polareagle » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:40 pm

I've got you beat. LSAC confirmed receipt of my transcript on the 18th and they STILL haven't updated my academic summary report. Grrr....

Knock

Postby Knock » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:59 pm

anniebelle330 wrote:Hi Everyone,

I'm just wondering how long it took for LSAC to process your updated transcripts. I submitted one to my undergraduate office on Jan. 18th and it still hasn't shown up on LSAC! When I called them, they gave me a super unhelpful "7-10 business days + 3 days mail time."

Could it be that they haven't processed it because they lost it? Earlier in the admissions cycle, LSAC lost two of my LORs, and I had to resubmit both of them. =[

Thanks in advanced for all your responses!

I sent in my transcript request to my school before December 15th. It finally got into LSAC a week or so ago. Try and be patient, I know it's really difficult.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”