Submitting application before LSAT score

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
tmc07d

Submitting application before LSAT score

Postby tmc07d » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:07 pm

This might sound kind of ignorant but can you submit an application without putting an LSAT score down or not? On the LSAC active applications page it has the slot where you put "Reportable LSAT score" and then the primary application that asks for an LSAT score. I guess im just asking can you submit the application, pay app. fees, and not have EVERYTHING their asking for or do you need everything before you submit it. Thanks alot.

sanjola

Re: Submitting application before LSAT score

Postby sanjola » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:25 pm

Yes.

StillHerexxx

Postby StillHerexxx » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:45 pm

No, you ned an lsat score to apply through lsac.

sanjola

Postby sanjola » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:20 pm

Oops, my bad. I thought the OP asked about a retake.

tmc07d

Postby tmc07d » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:31 am

well what if i have a really crappy LSAT score but I want to retake it again arent they going to look at my crappy score if i submit the application? Even if im planning a retake their going to base my application on the score I gave them...

JoeShmoe11

Postby JoeShmoe11 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:35 am

tmc07d wrote:well what if i have a really crappy LSAT score but I want to retake it again arent they going to look at my crappy score if i submit the application? Even if im planning a retake their going to base my application on the score I gave them...

If you received a poor score and are waiting to replace it I assume you are waiting to take the February LSAT. Which means if you send it in now and then update it with your February they may very well have already rendered a decision by the time your new score reaches the school. You could contact the school and ask them to wait for your new score but I'm not sure if they do that for February scores.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:09 am

StillHerexxx wrote:No, you ned an lsat score to apply through lsac.

I submitted way before taking the Feb LSAT last year. You can submit the app, the report just won't generate.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:11 am

But if you are thinking about Feb LSAT, you will need probably 2-3 points more for each of the schools. My last cycle was filled with WL that turned into early acceptances this cycle with the same score.

sabenser

Postby sabenser » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:21 am

r6_philly wrote:
StillHerexxx wrote:No, you ned an lsat score to apply through lsac.

I submitted way before taking the Feb LSAT last year. You can submit the app, the report just won't generate.

Same here. I submitted way before receiving my Dec LSAT. The recruiters from various schools all recommended it. That gives adcomms time to process your app and then when the score hits, the reports are sent and the app goes to review pretty quickly after going complete. That's my experience anyway.

tmc07d

Postby tmc07d » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:52 pm

So i can definantly submit my app. without an LSAT score on both the "reportable score" section and the primary application and once I have my LSAT score I can add it, which would in turn complete my application?

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:35 pm

tmc07d wrote:So i can definantly submit my app. without an LSAT score on both the "reportable score" section and the primary application and once I have my LSAT score I can add it, which would in turn complete my application?

Yes, when you pay the fee, schools receive everything you upload + the application. The schools will request your LSDAS report after receiving the application materials. The request will stay pending until you are a reportable score, and the report will be generated and sent once that becomes available. Schools in the mean time will prepare a file for you, but leaving it open waiting for the report to come in. So you will go complete faster if you submit first.

tmc07d

Postby tmc07d » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:36 pm

What about in relation to application deadlines? Can I submit my application before a schools deadline and a couple months after that schools deadline submit an LSAT score?

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:43 pm

tmc07d wrote:What about in relation to application deadlines? Can I submit my application before a schools deadline and a couple months after that schools deadline submit an LSAT score?

Depend on the schools. Some schools only have stipulation on when you submit, some schools have a secondary deadline when you have to be complete (so the report is needed).

Like I said above, apply by all means, but plan to reapply for next cycle.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”