High GRE Scores

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
doc1

High GRE Scores

Postby doc1 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:10 pm

Any thoughts on including GRE scores in my application? Either by a) mentioning them on my resume, or b) actually sending an ETS score report?

Naturally I'm asking this because, although my LSAT scores are respectable, my GREs are through the roof...

magicman554

Re: High GRE Scores

Postby magicman554 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:13 pm

doc1 wrote:Any thoughts on including GRE scores in my application? Either by a) mentioning them on my resume, or b) actually sending an ETS score report?

Naturally I'm asking this because, although my LSAT scores are respectable, my GREs are through the roof...

It depends on the school, but generally GRE scores are weighted anywhere from inconsequential to mildly informative.

dddhhh

Postby dddhhh » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:15 pm

doc1 wrote:Any thoughts on including GRE scores in my application? Either by a) mentioning them on my resume, or b) actually sending an ETS score report?

Where are you applying? NU accepts GRE scores.

magicman554

Postby magicman554 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:32 pm

dddhhh wrote:

They accept the GMAT if you are doing a JD/MBA. Otherwise, the LSAT is required. GRE is almost always irrelevant (you might impress some adcomms with a high score).

dddhhh

Postby dddhhh » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:39 pm

magicman554 wrote:
dddhhh wrote:

They accept the GMAT if you are doing a JD/MBA. Otherwise, the LSAT is required. GRE is almost always irrelevant (you might impress some adcomms with a high score).

You're right, my b...from their website:

GMAT and LSAT
The GMAT is required. The LSAT is not required for admission to the JD-MBA program; however, candidates may choose to report their LSAT score in the Additional Information section of the essays.

MrPapagiorgio

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:40 pm

Not important.

Thread/

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”