Updated Transcipts

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jhilly123

Updated Transcipts

Postby jhilly123 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:28 am

Tried finding a topic similar to this but there are so many posts.

LSAT just process my updated transcript yesterday but most of my applications are under review, will most of the schools get them or will what was originally sent be seen by the committee?

Thanks.

DubPoker

Re: Updated Transcipts

Postby DubPoker » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:30 pm

I am curious about this too.

I've seen a few threads mention this with some people says "LSAC does it, end of thread" and some people saying they should probably e-mail schools. Though I'm not sure. I updated my transcript for my last semester of college but it only changed my gpa .01 (was 3.25 should be 3.26) so i'm not sure it will matter if they review the new one either way.

lawskool

Postby lawskool » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:19 am

I just spoke with LSAC today about this. Once they receive the transcript and it is reflected in your academic summary report, they forward it to each school for which a decision has not yet been made. It takes 2-3 days for the transcript to be sent, and it is sent both electronically and through USPS.

If it is important to you that the schools see these grades, I would e-mail them and let them know to expect it. Hope this helps

DubPoker

Postby DubPoker » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:10 pm

lawskool wrote:I just spoke with LSAC today about this. Once they receive the transcript and it is reflected in your academic summary report, they forward it to each school for which a decision has not yet been made. It takes 2-3 days for the transcript to be sent, and it is sent both electronically and through USPS.

If it is important to you that the schools see these grades, I would e-mail them and let them know to expect it. Hope this helps

Thanks, great answer!

jhilly123

Postby jhilly123 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:01 pm

lawskool wrote:I just spoke with LSAC today about this. Once they receive the transcript and it is reflected in your academic summary report, they forward it to each school for which a decision has not yet been made. It takes 2-3 days for the transcript to be sent, and it is sent both electronically and through USPS.

Okay thanks. Since my are currently under review still, I'm presuming they'll receive it without needing me to email them?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”