Telling the school I want to be on the WL?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lsatextreme

Telling the school I want to be on the WL?

Postby lsatextreme » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:00 am

So I got a letter today from a school asking me more or less if I want to be on the WL. Should I just call Admissions and tell them I want to or what? And if I'm planning to send a LOCI, then would that suffice by itself or should I still call to let them know I'm interested in being on the WL?

Knock

Re: Telling the school I want to be on the WL?

Postby Knock » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:02 am

lsatextreme wrote:So I got a letter today from a school asking me more or less if I want to be on the WL. Should I just call Admissions and tell them I want to or what? And if I'm planning to send a LOCI, then would that suffice by itself or should I still call to let them know I'm interested in being on the WL?

I think a LOCI would be sufficient to let them know you wished to stay on the waitlist, but definitely be safe and be explicit about it in your LOCI. Not sure about calling, but it couldn't hurt.

T6Hopeful

Re: Telling the school I want to be on the WL?

Postby T6Hopeful » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:46 am

lsatextreme wrote:So I got a letter today from a school asking me more or less if I want to be on the WL. Should I just call Admissions and tell them I want to or what? And if I'm planning to send a LOCI, then would that suffice by itself or should I still call to let them know I'm interested in being on the WL?

Let them know anyway, just so both of you are on the same page. You don't want any miscommunication at this point. However, I do know certain schools do take a no-reply as a, "Yes, I would like to stay on the waitlist." Give them a call anyway, I'd say.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”