Where can i get in (low LSAT)

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
bk1

Re: Where can i get in (low LSAT)

Postby bk1 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:56 pm

paulshortys10 wrote:Well i got a 154, but that was by far the lowest i ever got in practice. I had an avg of around 163 with a high of 165. I practiced very hard, but neglected the timing and speed aspect of things. I think I can get better If I retake and restudy.

The thing is I'm 24 already and feel im getting too old to be waiting around and would rather take my chances at some school right now. ...I want to apply just to see where I can get it, but i don't really have the extra cash to be wasting on applications right now ( i do have an Lsac fee waiver though)..

what do you guys recommend.

I'm from Cali btw, and havent really thought about where i want to practice.

Get the age thing out of your head. Does it really make a difference if you graduate at 27 instead of 28? No, it doesn't. However it does matter if you graduate with half the debt or from a much better school.

Get a job to cover apps or ask schools for more fee waivers. Figure out now where you want to practice as your choice of school is going to determine where you can practice. Considering you didn't practice timing though, you should definitely retake.

androstan

Postby androstan » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:03 pm

bk1 wrote:
paulshortys10 wrote:Well i got a 154, but that was by far the lowest i ever got in practice. I had an avg of around 163 with a high of 165. I practiced very hard, but neglected the timing and speed aspect of things. I think I can get better If I retake and restudy.

The thing is I'm 24 already and feel im getting too old to be waiting around and would rather take my chances at some school right now. ...I want to apply just to see where I can get it, but i don't really have the extra cash to be wasting on applications right now ( i do have an Lsac fee waiver though)..

what do you guys recommend.

I'm from Cali btw, and havent really thought about where i want to practice.

Get the age thing out of your head. Does it really make a difference if you graduate at 27 instead of 28? No, it doesn't. However it does matter if you graduate with half the debt or from a much better school.

Get a job to cover apps or ask schools for more fee waivers. Figure out now where you want to practice as your choice of school is going to determine where you can practice. Considering you didn't practice timing though, you should definitely retake.

Credited.

Waiting a year is one year of your life. An extra 100k of debt can easily be several years of your life, optimistically.

northwood

Postby northwood » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:06 pm

I will say this again. Work for a year or more. Make sure this is what you really want to do. You may find out that you like what you are doing- or you will confirm your desire to go to law school. Either way, taking time off after UG is always a good idea. Not only do you get to mature a bit more, but you get to make some money, and mature a bit more.

Ill be 27 when I START law school. Its not that uncommon to be starting law school after a few years out of ug.

2011L1

Postby 2011L1 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:49 pm

Sorry I didn't realize op was only 24, retake

bk1

Postby bk1 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:50 pm

2011L1 wrote:Sorry I didn't realize op was only 24, retake

It doesn't matter whether he's 24, 42, or 124. He should retake.

sanjola

Postby sanjola » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:56 pm

paulshortys10 wrote:3.43 gpa, 154 lsat, URM, great letters, great statement...

Out of the TOP 100 schools, where do I have Some chance of getting in? doesn't matter the location, i just want to see where...
I'm gonna retake the LSAT in June, but i just wanted to ask this question out of curiosity.

Thanks for your response in advanced.

Wow we're almost number and URM twins! I just got into Chapman with 154/3.29/Mexican/Cuban. Check out http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com for more specific details.

ATR

Postby ATR » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:35 pm

paulshortys10 wrote:I'm gonna retake the LSAT in June

Good.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”