In dire need of advice. Please help Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
hockeypro7

New

In dire need of advice. Please help

Post by hockeypro7 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:03 am

I have been under review at Chapman Law since November and still haven't received a decision. I was waitlisted last year at chapman with a 2.7/153 LSAT from a top UC in Philosophy. I have pretty good softs and a valid gpa addendum.

My current stats have improved to a 160 LSAT and I have also added a legal internship to my resume.

I'm going to be out of town this weekend for work and Chapman is holding an open house where applicants can meet with the Dean. Sadly I will be missing it.

Would it be advisable for me to contact the dean of admissions through email or phone to express my regret for not making the open house? I also only live an hour and a half from the school. I could drive there to drop off a LOCI.

Please help, Chapman is my first choice. Thanks.

bk1

Diamond

Re: In dire need of advice. Please help

Post by bk1 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:29 am

Doubt it will make a large difference either way.

If you do do it, I'd just email. Phone seems stalkerish.

hockeypro7

New

Post by hockeypro7 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:40 am

Thanks for the response, I will at the least send an e-mail. Anybody else have any input?

total_loss

New

Post by total_loss » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:01 pm

hockeypro7 wrote:Thanks for the response, I will at the least send an e-mail. Anybody else have any input?
If Chapman is where you want to be, then I'd let the admissions office know. At some point, it's definitely in your interest to meet in person with the admissions office. Due to your low GPA, I'd also express your willingness to be considered for the part time program.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”