LOCI

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
JaLeCa

LOCI

Postby JaLeCa » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:01 pm

I got a dreaded WL, and wanted to send a LOCI , but in my WL e-mail the school says this

We understand that the wait for a final decision may be an agonizing one, but we request that you do not call or email earlier than June 1, 2010 to inquire about the status of your application.

Does this mean don't bother us with your effin pleas?

DeeCee

Re: LOCI

Postby DeeCee » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:13 am

JaLeCa wrote:I got a dreaded WL, and wanted to send a LOCI , but in my WL e-mail the school says this

We understand that the wait for a final decision may be an agonizing one, but we request that you do not call or email earlier than June 1, 2010 to inquire about the status of your application.

Probably. You could still send a LOCI though since you aren't inquiring though I'm not sure if that's stretching the meaning of their statement.

megaTTTron

Postby megaTTTron » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:29 am

JaLeCa wrote:I got a dreaded WL, and wanted to send a LOCI , but in my WL e-mail the school says this

If you have a reason to send an LOCI (like, new grades, honors, publication, promotion etc) send one. Still, I think you're okay sending one.

jks14

Postby jks14 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:26 am

How should I address a LOCI if the wl letter was signed by two people, both holding the title 'director of admissions' ?

Dear Mr X and Mr Y?
Dear Directors of Admissions/Office of Admissions ?

megaTTTron

Postby megaTTTron » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:00 pm

jks14 wrote:How should I address a LOCI if the wl letter was signed by two people, both holding the title 'director of admissions' ?

Dear Mr X and Mr Y?
Dear Directors of Admissions/Office of Admissions ?

"Dear (whoever signed your letter) and Admissions" is fine.

northwood

Postby northwood » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:23 pm

It sounds like they dont want you to call or email asking what you need to do to get off the WL. Send a LOCI, and address it to the person who sent you the WL notice. Remember, admissions are very busy this time of the year, so if you are asking " what do I need to do" they dont want to respond to those. If you are trully interested, and want to update your appliatoin ( to include this LOCI), email it to them and dont call/ email to verify that they recieved it.

JaLeCa

Postby JaLeCa » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:36 pm

Thanks, will do!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”