Left a school off under "Education" section of application Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
leopardRAWR

Bronze

Left a school off under "Education" section of application

Post by leopardRAWR » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:12 pm

I somehow managed to neglect to list a school I attended under the "Education" section of an application to a safety (at/above both 75ths). This is an application I submitted in OCTOBER- I never would've caught the error if it hadn't taken so long to hear anything and I wasn't curious if I made a huge error that was holding up a decision. I really like this school and would strongly consider it with a scholarship.

My transcript from this school was submitted to LSAC, and the school is included on the resume I submitted, so it's not like there's no mention of the school in my application. Am I correct when I assume I need to email this school ASAP to fix this? Also, does this type of thing hurt my chances of scholarship/admission, or am I overreacting?

bk1

Diamond

Re: Left a school off under "Education" section of application

Post by bk1 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:14 pm

Probably not a big deal considering they have your transcripts through LSAC (which makes me wonder why they even have the stupid education section).

That being said, if you feel like covering your ass you may as well just email their admissions department. They'll just file your note away with your file.

KibblesAndVick

Silver

Post by KibblesAndVick » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:15 pm

If there's nothing to hide (the school you left off wasn't the University of Phoenix or something embarrassing like that) I don't see how it would hurt you chances of admission. If you're at/above both 75ths they should be happy to have you. The bigger issue is that it's getting late in the cycle and the amount of scholarship money they have available could be getting low.

leopardRAWR

Bronze

Post by leopardRAWR » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:19 pm

Thanks for the quick advice! The school hasn't done a ton of admits or scholarship offers yet it seems. I'm just wondering if not pointing out the error could cause any trouble for me. I feel like pointing out something so obvious 3 months later makes it look like I didn't take the application seriously and thus probably don't have strong intentions of going there (or at least that's what I would think if I were an adcomm.)

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:02 pm

I have to leave out schools on my application because of lack of space, so I only put my degree granting institutions on there. The additional schools are on the transcript and the resume. I think it doesn't really matter.

leopardRAWR

Bronze

Post by leopardRAWR » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:34 am

I am going to just let it be. I think between my transcripts and resume it makes it pretty clear when I went to the school and what I did there. Thanks everyone for helping me out and calming my nerves :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”