FAFSA

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
wvbob3

FAFSA

Postby wvbob3 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:28 pm

Hi everyone, I have a quick question. I submitted all of my applications by late-December or early-January, and when FAFSA was made available, I made sure to have it submitted for my first ten schools within two or three days. Waited a week, and then deleted those schools and added on the next ten. I am noticing for a lot of the schools they require me to submit my parental information on FAFSA. I did not do this the first time. I noticed FAFSA notified me of receipt by the schools of my information very quickly, but how would I go about updating the information for the first ten schools I submitted to. I notice most of them require it by March 1st, so I do have a little bit of time. Should I just go back and do the entire thing again, or should I call the schools, or what? Thanks!

gdane

Re: FAFSA

Postby gdane » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:40 pm

Im pretty sure you can update your FAFSA.

wvbob3

Postby wvbob3 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:42 pm

Should I send the school a message telling them of my update, or will they figure it out themselves if they compare forms?

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:46 pm

They send a updated FAFSA report to schools that you update to. So you update to the current list of schools, wait til that report is generated, then go back and update the school list to the original 10, then you will have all the schools updated.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”