"in review" - send addendum to stress why it's my #1? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
paulinaporizkova

Gold

Re: "in review" - send addendum to stress why it's my #1?

Post by paulinaporizkova » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:12 pm

re-reading your OP, i think you should include all of that info (about your fiance) in your LOCI, but don't hold your breath, especially if your numbers are on the low end. unless you apply to a few notable exceptions, admissions is a numbers game. and even with those places you need outstanding softs (like peace corps for 10 years and shit) to offset low numbers

gobuffs10

Bronze

Post by gobuffs10 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:19 pm

solarae wrote:no.. sorry i dont mean to sound ignorant. I heard from friends who attended religious schools that it's horrible for atheists and i believed them.

i'm 26.5 and have supported myself since 18 and also traveled the world. i am super cultured and not ignorant about much.. except maybe law school. i just don't know if i want to be a religious environment for 3 years.
I did 14 years of Catholic school. It's really not that bad. Yeah you may have to take a religion course (doubt it for law school) but it's not all you're doing. Apply to Duquesne anyway; what's going to suck more, being away from your fiance or having to hear about Jesus once in a while?

For what it's worth, I'm a nonbeliever as well. You'll live.

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:23 pm

gobuffs10 wrote:
solarae wrote:no.. sorry i dont mean to sound ignorant. I heard from friends who attended religious schools that it's horrible for atheists and i believed them.

i'm 26.5 and have supported myself since 18 and also traveled the world. i am super cultured and not ignorant about much.. except maybe law school. i just don't know if i want to be a religious environment for 3 years.
I did 14 years of Catholic school. It's really not that bad. Yeah you may have to take a religion course (doubt it for law school) but it's not all you're doing. Apply to Duquesne anyway; what's going to suck more, being away from your fiance or having to hear about Jesus once in a while?

years in catholic school directly proportional to level of atheism/agnosticism in adult life - irony at its finest.

gobuffs10

Bronze

Post by gobuffs10 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:21 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:
gobuffs10 wrote:

years in catholic school directly proportional to level of atheism/agnosticism in adult life - irony at its finest.
Yeah I get a kick out of it too. It's how I learned that, "Well, because that's how it is" is not an acceptable answer to anything.

My sister will be graduating in May with 18 years though. She says she prays for me every night. How sweet.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”