Purchasing ONLY the report for a school on LSAC?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lsatextreme

Purchasing ONLY the report for a school on LSAC?

Postby lsatextreme » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:57 pm

Any idea on how to do this? I had a school have me submit my application through their school website bc I qualified for their fee waiver and this was the way they did it I guess. But when I try to check out on LSAC with an empty app and no attachments, it tries to charge me on my credit card unless i put in a fee waiver code. Is this a school bad or my bad?

crit_racer

Re: Purchasing ONLY the report for a school on LSAC?

Postby crit_racer » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:02 pm

I don't know how to send just a report. Call LSAC?

lsatextreme

Postby lsatextreme » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:19 pm

Is it possible for schools to obtain CAS reports on us from LSAC even if we don't pay the $12 reporting fee for that school? Because I sent an email to their admissions and they replied with this:

"You do not need to do anything to send your CAS report to us. We will automatically request that report from Law Services once the application is received."

But I have literally paid nothing to submit this application, except the postage to send my soft attachments. Is there something I don't know about...

tarakit

Postby tarakit » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:46 am

I had to do this last week. They requested the report from LSAC, and when I logged onto LSAC, it gave me an error message saying that I hadn't paid for a report. If you go to "report status" or "active applications" (forgot which) after receiving this message, it will take you to the point where you can pay.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”