Including an Explanation

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
davisuga

Including an Explanation

Postby davisuga » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:05 am

This particular school's app reads "If there is any additional information you wish to call to the attention of the Admissions Committee please do so on a separate sheet or electronic attachment. Please put your name and (27) on the sheet."

Last year I applied to this same school, did not include anything additional, did not include a diversity statement, and they accepted me. Offered me $4000/year. Didnt take it. Wasn't ready for law school. Reapplying this year. Still not going to include a diversity statement. Should include a additional essay for (27) explaning why I took the year off to avoid yield protection?

joebloe

Re: Including an Explanation

Postby joebloe » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:39 am

I think you should write to explain why you didn't matriculate last year, specifically ensuring the adcomms that you're actually interested in attending that school and aren't going to have the same problem this year. I wouldn't say "yield protection" though, and I don't get what you mean by invoking YP in this context- if a school accepts you I don't think you can say you were YP'd.

davisuga

Re: Including an Explanation

Postby davisuga » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:53 am

Thanks for the reply! I havent applied yet this cycle, so I just wanted to make sure that I wouldn't be subject to YP if I didnt accept their generous offer last year.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”