Worth the price of applying?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
RickyRoe

Worth the price of applying?

Postby RickyRoe » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:44 pm

2.85, 163, mediocre softs at best

Already in at a few t2 schools that I wouldn't mind attending, but I am looking for a few higher ranked schools where I might get lucky. Here is a list of schools that are either "deny" or "weak consider" on LSP but that I have serious interest in attending. I don't expect to get into any of them, but I thought I'd still take a chance. Money is an option here, so rate them as either "worth the application fee" or "don't waste your money". Which 3-4 would I have the best shot at?

IU-B
Wisconsin
Iowa
Illinois
Davis
Ohio State
Wake Forest
Colorado
Tulane
Tennessee
Chicago-Kent

Sandro

Re: Worth the price of applying?

Postby Sandro » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:47 pm

RickyRoe wrote:2.85, 163, mediocre softs at best

Already in at a few t2 schools that I wouldn't mind attending, but I am looking for a few higher ranked schools where I might get lucky. Here is a list of schools that are either "deny" or "weak consider" on LSP but that I have serious interest in attending. I don't expect to get into any of them, but I thought I'd still take a chance. Money is an option here, so rate them as either "worth the application fee" or "don't waste your money". Which 3-4 would I have the best shot at?

IU-B
Wisconsin
Iowa
Illinois
Davis
Ohio State
Wake Forest
Colorado
Tulane
Tennessee
Chicago-Kent

I wouldn't apply to Wisc/Iowa/Illinois/Colo , the rest seem fine.

fundamentallybroken

Postby fundamentallybroken » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:38 pm

RickyRoe wrote:2.85, 163, mediocre softs at best

IU-B
Wisconsin
Iowa
Illinois
Davis
Ohio State
Wake Forest
Colorado
Tulane
Tennessee
Chicago-Kent

Especially this late in the game. If you've got decent $$ from your t2 acceptances, take the application fees from these and bank them for your first year of LS.

lsatextreme

Postby lsatextreme » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:37 pm

i would only apply to those schools if i had gotten waivers from them

Aberzombie1892

Postby Aberzombie1892 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:54 pm

Isn't Iowa's LSAT median a 161? That's worth an app.

lawschooliseasy

Postby lawschooliseasy » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:03 pm

Aberzombie1892 wrote:Isn't Iowa's LSAT median a 161? That's worth an app.

+1, but this late in the game they probably won't take you unless you've got an extremely compelling reason for the GPA.

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:37 pm

lawschooliseasy wrote:
Aberzombie1892 wrote:Isn't Iowa's LSAT median a 161? That's worth an app.

+1, but this late in the game they probably won't take you unless you've got an extremely compelling reason for the GPA.

Honestly I know its bad to talk in absolutes when it comes to admissions but there is literally no chance of getting in with that GPA. There have already been people with higher LSAT and GPA who were wait listed and applied super early.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”