Messed up with Transcript-- what am I in for?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
picklebarrel

Messed up with Transcript-- what am I in for?

Postby picklebarrel » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:14 pm

Just after I sent out my last application, I got an email from one school I applied to requesting an updated transcript. I created my account with LSAC last year when I was still in my last year of undergrad but decided to wait a year before applying. When I went back to my account to start applying a few months ago, I didn't even think about sending an updated transcript-- everything was complete and ready to go so I just started firing away.

I contacted my school and ordered a transcript to be sent to LSAC, but I imagine it will delay my applications by at least two weeks. Could this hurt my chances in any other way?

crit_racer

Re: Messed up with Transcript-- what am I in for?

Postby crit_racer » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:18 pm

May happen faster. I had a transcript overnighted last Tuesday and it was processed and my report was generated early Friday morning. Is overnight delivery an option from your UG? The $20 or whatever is worth the advantage a few days will give you at this point, IMO

picklebarrel

Re: Messed up with Transcript-- what am I in for?

Postby picklebarrel » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:23 pm

Yes-- I did the rush delivery. Good to hear it didn't take so long. Am I done at this point, or do I have to contact schools individually to let them know the update is coming?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”