Dumbass question... Gah!!!!

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
delusional

Dumbass question... Gah!!!!

Postby delusional » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:16 pm

So I have an overseas institution that I attended but did not receive a year of credit for, and I did not list it in my records. LSAC somehow got the information (possibly it was mentioned in a later transcript, and they assumed that it had been credited - I was overseas for more than a year, but did not participate in credited courses at the school). Anyway, it showed up on my account as transcript not received. I spoke to other people in similar circumstances and they said that they had just never submitted records from such schools, and it had not caused any problems. In support of that, I could not generate a scholastic report until I had all my domestic credits, but once I had those, I was able to generate a scholastic report. Meanwhile, the little nagging request for the overseas transcript stayed on my credentials page. And I ignored it.

Tonight, I FINALLY sent out an application. Nothing stopped me from sending it or paying for it, and I got four confirmation emails from LSAC afterward. But now, when I log into LSAC, it says report not sent - and the reason given is a missing transcript. When I look at the application overview it says Transcript - Complete and everything else is also complete. But on the main dashboard page, it still says "report not sent".

Is there any chance at all that the application page is correct, and my transcript is complete, but a CAS report just hasn't been generated yet? (FWIW, the people who advised me had this situation LAST year. Is there any chance that things changed?) I had a similar story when I couldn't access my scholastic report, and when I called to find out why, LSAC lady said "You're missing a transcript" and advised me to email the transcript department, but then they put me on hold, came back, and sheepishly said that the scholastic report service was down, and would be back up shortly, which it was. So I just let it slide. Gah again!!!!

So what's the deal? Am I screwed into overnighting stuff overseas and finagling in a foreign language with a distant time zone, or is there a chance I can still apply this cycle?

MrSparkle

Re: Dumbass question... Gah!!!!

Postby MrSparkle » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:29 am

Today is Sunday. Might take a day, see if the status changes. Chill out dawg!

delusional

Postby delusional » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:30 am

MrSparkle wrote:Today is Sunday. Might take a day, see if the status changes. Chill out dawg!

Ah, there's a guy who knows what I want to hear.

dextermorgan

Postby dextermorgan » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:30 am

MrSparkle wrote:Today is Sunday. Might take a day, see if the status changes. Chill out dawg!

And tomorrow is a holiday.

OP, chill.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”