LOR Form? Is this a must?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
RinkoHasegawa

LOR Form? Is this a must?

Postby RinkoHasegawa » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:51 pm

Hi all,

Very late to the party (scrambling with applications).

I applied to graduate school in the past, and LORs were all processed online, the professors merely emailed their LOR and that was fine.

I see now it has to be mailed, or faxed in person, for law school...

The only thing is I don't have a fax machine readily available, and that's a bit of a bummer because the LOR Form requires MY signature before the professor can get my LOR Form and the actual letter to fax himself...

I was able to get transcripts sent off to LSAC without the 'mandatory' transcript form... what about the LOR Form?

Any tips on getting this whole process expedited? I also don't want to bother my professors too much!

Thanks!

Pricer

Re: LOR Form? Is this a must?

Postby Pricer » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:59 pm

I believe I had to print, sign, and mail all of mine. You need to check the application deadlines at your school. Two of my letters were in and processed from about 10 days after I mailed them to the recommender. One letter, however, took about three weeks from the day that my recommender said he mailed it to LSAC.

edit: I didn't really bring that back to my point. Some deadlines are 2/1, and you may not have your letters in to apply to these schools by that date.

dextermorgan

Postby dextermorgan » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:36 am

RinkoHasegawa wrote:Hi all,

Very late to the party (scrambling with applications).

I applied to graduate school in the past, and LORs were all processed online, the professors merely emailed their LOR and that was fine.

I see now it has to be mailed, or faxed in person, for law school...

The only thing is I don't have a fax machine readily available, and that's a bit of a bummer because the LOR Form requires MY signature before the professor can get my LOR Form and the actual letter to fax himself...

I was able to get transcripts sent off to LSAC without the 'mandatory' transcript form... what about the LOR Form?

Any tips on getting this whole process expedited? I also don't want to bother my professors too much!

Thanks!

Bullshit.
http://fedex.com/us/office/

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:39 am

Your LOR's will not be processed without the form. The way that LSAC tells them apart and puts them onto your account is by looking at those forms.

ETA: sign the form --> scan it --> make it a pdf --> email to professor --> prof prints and faxes it.

shoop

Postby shoop » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:51 pm

I didn't even apply late, but I UPS/FedEx overnighted the LSAC LOR forms to each LOR writer (I did a few targeted letters, so one writer did 3 and another did 4), with a quick note about which letter to attach to which form. I also enclosed a prepaid UPS/FedEx overnight envelope with the LOR writer's address as sender and LSAC as recipient.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”