Feb LSAT -- revoked?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
TLSNYC

Feb LSAT -- revoked?

Postby TLSNYC » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:56 pm

So I have decided on a whim to register for the Feb LSAT sometime Tuesday to see if I can do any better. I don't have much time and I am planning on putting in minimal effort. I got a 169 last June. So far, I have been accepted to NYU, Penn, and Chicago. I'm only waiting to hear from Yale. If I retake and do worse, I cannot have my offer of admission revoked, correct?
I am kind of scared that with little practice my score could fall to as low as 160-ish, but if that would actually have a tangible impact on my applications, I'd rather not retake. Thanks for the help!

arism87

Re: Feb LSAT -- revoked?

Postby arism87 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:59 pm

TLSNYC wrote:So I have decided on a whim to register for the Feb LSAT sometime Tuesday to see if I can do any better. I don't have much time and I am planning on putting in minimal effort. I got a 169 last June. So far, I have been accepted to NYU, Penn, and Chicago. I'm only waiting to hear from Yale. If I retake and do worse, I cannot have my offer of admission revoked, correct?
I am kind of scared that with little practice my score could fall to as low as 160-ish, but if that would actually have a tangible impact on my applications, I'd rather not retake. Thanks for the help!

I'm in the exact same situation, and I'm also wondering if it would affect scholarships since those haven't come out yet..?

TLSNYC

Postby TLSNYC » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:00 pm

arism87 wrote:
TLSNYC wrote:So I have decided on a whim to register for the Feb LSAT sometime Tuesday to see if I can do any better. I don't have much time and I am planning on putting in minimal effort. I got a 169 last June. So far, I have been accepted to NYU, Penn, and Chicago. I'm only waiting to hear from Yale. If I retake and do worse, I cannot have my offer of admission revoked, correct?

I'm in the exact same situation, and I'm also wondering if it would affect scholarships since those haven't come out yet..?

I'm partly retaking so that I can try to squeeze more money out of some schools.

northwood

Postby northwood » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:07 pm

take a prep test and see where you are at. You dont want to lower your score. It might not get you revoked, but it wont help you at all. If you arent going to put in the effort to prepare, why bother taking the test? If you dont score higher, then dont expect better results. Score hihger and the possibility of getting rewarded increases.

NorCalBruin

Postby NorCalBruin » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:29 pm

You won't get any admission revoked, no.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”