Should I wait?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Slambonie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:04 pm

Should I wait?

Postby Slambonie » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:08 pm

So I am going to retake the LSAT, I am planning on taking it again in February because you know everything is still fresh in my head, as far as strategies etc go, as I took the class last semester and took the december LSAT. But I haven't even started applying to schools yet because I originally wanted to wait for my final LSAT score before I applied, which I know now was dumb.

But should I just wait, take a year off and work, and take my time with the apps and apply for fall 2012? If I do decide to do that, do you all think I should stick with taking the LSAT in february, or wait until the June LSAT?

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Should I wait?

Postby Knock » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:13 pm

Slambonie wrote:So I am going to retake the LSAT, I am planning on taking it again in February because you know everything is still fresh in my head, as far as strategies etc go, as I took the class last semester and took the december LSAT. But I haven't even started applying to schools yet because I originally wanted to wait for my final LSAT score before I applied, which I know now was dumb.

But should I just wait, take a year off and work, and take my time with the apps and apply for fall 2012? If I do decide to do that, do you all think I should stick with taking the LSAT in february, or wait until the June LSAT?


If I was in your shoes, I would wait a year. Retake the LSAT whenever is more convenient for you. June gives you more time to prepare, but if you retake Feb, it might be more fresh. Applying with a February LSAT score is just too late. You'll get better acceptances if you wait a year, plus if you get some good WE, that will additionally improve your application package. And you'll give yourself a better shot at scholarship money.

User avatar
gbpackerbacker
Posts: 634
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 12:13 am

Re: Should I wait?

Postby gbpackerbacker » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:41 pm

Retake June and guarantee yourself adequate study time.

LSATclincher
Posts: 476
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:09 pm

Re: Should I wait?

Postby LSATclincher » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:06 pm

If you wait, maybe you won't have to take the LSAT at all!

Slambonie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:04 pm

Re: Should I wait?

Postby Slambonie » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:16 pm

LSATclincher wrote:If you wait, maybe you won't have to take the LSAT at all!

haha, i saw that thread. unfortunately not holding my breath for that

albanach
Posts: 1011
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:05 pm

Re: Should I wait?

Postby albanach » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:41 pm

Been there and done it. Wait for June.

If you mess up in February it's non disclosed so it's difficult to establish where you should concentrate your study efforts..

When you get your score you'll have about 24 hours to work out where you should be applying - that's a problem if you over or under perform.

Take it in June. You have more time to study and can still use October for a backup.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: lawcapture and 6 guests