My LSAT addendum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lawgirl10

My LSAT addendum

Postby lawgirl10 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:54 pm

I am writing to address my 12-point score increase between my October 2009 LSAT score of 153 and my December 2010 LSAT score of 165. The first time I took the exam, I was not placed at the testing center of my choice, and I was not able to visit the center prior to my exam. I underestimated the stress that would accompany finding my testing location in New York City, and I feel this oversight, coupled with test day anxiety, negatively impacted my score. My December 2010 score is a more accurate indication of my abilities and an accurate reflection of my aptitude as a future law school student.

Please critique!

gdane

Re: My LSAT addendum

Postby gdane » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:36 pm

lawgirl10 wrote:I am writing to address my 12-point score increase between my October 2009 LSAT score of 153 and my December 2010 LSAT score of 165. The first time I took the exam, I was not placed at the testing center of my choice, and I was not able to visit the center prior to my exam. I underestimated the stress that would accompany finding my testing location in New York City, and I feel this oversight, coupled with test day anxiety, negatively impacted my score. My December 2010 score is a more accurate indication of my abilities and an accurate reflection of my aptitude as a future law school student. indicative of my abilities. I urge the committee on admissions to put the highest weight possible on my 165 when reviewing my application.

Please critique!

Lose that last part. Dont talk about aptitude. Other than that this is fine.

northwood

Re: My LSAT addendum

Postby northwood » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:42 pm

lawgirl10 wrote:I am writing to address my 12-point score increase between my October 2009 LSAT score of 153 and my December 2010 LSAT score of 165. The first time I took the exam, I was not placed at the testing center of my choice, and I was not able to visit the center prior to my exam. I underestimated the stress that would accompany finding my testing location in New York City, and I feel this oversight, coupled with test day anxiety, negatively impacted my score. My December 2010 score is a more accurate indication of my abilities and an accurate reflection of my aptitude as a future law school student.

Please critique!

I would say something along the lines of: When I took the the october lsat, I had severe test day anxiety, magnified by the stress of trying to find my test center in NYC, a city that I am not familiar with, and was not my ideal place to take the test. I believe the added stress and anxiety of trying to locate the test center in a timely fashion carried over throughout the test, and negatively affected my performance. My score of 165 on the December 2010 exam is a better indication of my ability.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”