June LSAT Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
FiveSermon

Gold

June LSAT

Post by FiveSermon » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:47 pm

Is it possible to take the June LSAT even after being accepted to law schools? Just to see if you might score that really high score that might make it worth waiting a cycle?

T6Hopeful

Silver

Re: June LSAT

Post by T6Hopeful » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:47 pm

Yes, and for the latter reason you just mentioned, that does fall in line with taking the LSAT "only to gain admission to law school" or whatever their wording is. I don't see anything wrong with doing so, although I'm sure the school you deposit at might be a little confused when they get a new LSAT report that late.

FiveSermon

Gold

Post by FiveSermon » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:50 pm

T6Hopeful wrote:Yes, and for the latter reason you just mentioned, that does fall in line with taking the LSAT "only to gain admission to law school" or whatever their wording is. I don't see anything wrong with doing so, although I'm sure the school you deposit at might be a little confused when they get a new LSAT report that late.
If I withdraw after sending in the deposit because my new LSAT score is significantly higher would that blacklist me for future cycles?

T6Hopeful

Silver

Post by T6Hopeful » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:51 pm

FiveSermon wrote:
T6Hopeful wrote:Yes, and for the latter reason you just mentioned, that does fall in line with taking the LSAT "only to gain admission to law school" or whatever their wording is. I don't see anything wrong with doing so, although I'm sure the school you deposit at might be a little confused when they get a new LSAT report that late.
If I withdraw after sending in the deposit because my new LSAT score is significantly higher would that blacklist me for future cycles?
From that school, it's likely. But you wouldn't even have to reapply to that school if your new LSAT is in fact significantly higher.

FiveSermon

Gold

Post by FiveSermon » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:53 pm

T6Hopeful wrote:
FiveSermon wrote:
From that school, it's likely. But you wouldn't even have to reapply to that school if your new LSAT is in fact significantly higher.
Thanks. As long as it doesn't affect me at other schools I'm definitely going to take the June LSAT!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”