3.0 gpa, 157 lsat any school suggestions?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lawstheword

3.0 gpa, 157 lsat any school suggestions?

Postby lawstheword » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:09 am

Hey all,

I have a 3.0 gpa and 157 lsat. I graduated with that low gpa with a BS, took a whole bunch of classes after I graduated to get an additional BA not realizing that none of those good grades counted after I already graduated. The good thing is that I got good letters of rec from BA professors and another from attorney I work for. I'm also a URM, if that gets me anything. Does anyone have school suggestions or know of anyone with stats like mine and the schools that they got into.
So far I've applied to:
Whittier
Southwestern
Chapman
USD
Loyola Marymount

Also, any advice about applying to part-time programs?

Thanks!

Judge Philip Banks

Re: 3.0 gpa, 157 lsat any school suggestions?

Postby Judge Philip Banks » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:37 am

lawstheword wrote:Hey all,

I have a 3.0 gpa and 157 lsat. I graduated with that low gpa with a BS, took a whole bunch of classes after I graduated to get an additional BA not realizing that none of those good grades counted after I already graduated. The good thing is that I got good letters of rec from BA professors and another from attorney I work for. I'm also a URM, if that gets me anything. Does anyone have school suggestions or know of anyone with stats like mine and the schools that they got into.
So far I've applied to:
Whittier
Southwestern
Chapman
USD
Loyola Marymount

Also, any advice about applying to part-time programs?

Thanks!

I don't know if you would want to venture out of southern California, but if you do, there are some schools up north that you might have a shot at:
- Univ. of Pacific (McGeorge)
- Santa Clara
- USF
- Golden Gate
- Thomas Jefferson (in San Diego)

With your numbers I'd think you'd get into some of the schools you already applied to, and I think you can get into some of the ones I mentioned.

Not really sure about part time programs though...

Good luck with your cycle!

lawstheword

Re: 3.0 gpa, 157 lsat any school suggestions?

Postby lawstheword » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:52 am

Thanks for the input I appreciate it and I'm sure I will need a little luck. I'll probably apply to USF and Santa Clara. I'd rather stay in Socal and go to Chapman, but I feel like I may get waitlisted there. Anyone know if Chapman accepts a lot of people off their waitlist? LSAC has me in the 50% range :0

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”