Handwritten LOR??

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
delusional

Handwritten LOR??

Postby delusional » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:08 pm

A former employer of mine is totally old school. Is it crazy to let him send a handwritten LOR?

paulinaporizkova

Re: Handwritten LOR??

Postby paulinaporizkova » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:14 pm

If it's gonna keep you up at night, why don't you just quickly email the schools you are applying to and ask them? I don't really think it would be a problem (it would probably help if the person was actually old and not just old school.) Otherwise ask nicely if he/she could type it up and make up some thing about some requirement that it's typed.

edit: with your numbers i don't think anyone would give a shit.

delusional

Postby delusional » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:23 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:If it's gonna keep you up at night, why don't you just quickly email the schools you are applying to and ask them? I don't really think it would be a problem (it would probably help if the person was actually old and not just old school.) Otherwise ask nicely if he/she could type it up and make up some thing about some requirement that it's typed.

edit: with your numbers i don't think anyone would give a shit.

I'm torn between being thrilled that people notice my number(s) and having it affect the answers they give. Naw, I'm actually just thrilled.

But I also need to squeeze every last buck out of 'em, and either way, I busted major ass to get a 178, I don't want to start slumming till I'm actually in LS.

joebloe

Postby joebloe » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:33 am

That kicks ass. I would want to ensure, however, that your letter is legible. Though if your employer is oldschool enough to actually write it, I'm sure he will make it legible.

I not only wouldn't risk offending your employer by asking for a typed letter, but I'd be proud to have gotten that kind of recommendation. I would personally give a handwritten letter the weight of at least ten typed letters.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”