ery low lsat score

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
d34d9823

Re: ery low lsat score

Postby d34d9823 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:12 pm

glewz wrote:The 1L grade correlation is minuscule at 0.16

This is not true, it's ~0.4, which is extremely strong for such a chaotic system.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_School ... admissions

d34d9823

Postby d34d9823 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:14 pm

well-hello-there wrote:Also,

packmomma wrote:It is so over done and almost cliche at this point to advise someone of what something is or is not like. Such people seem to think that they are experts in the "what things are really like" category and that those who they are giving this worthless advice to, would have never known "what things are really like" without said persons genius and wisdom.

no 139 scorer knows what the word cliche means nor are they able to look it up in a dictionary and find out what it means.
In addition, the second sentence quoted above is much too complex for someone with the mind of an 8 year old to be able to write. FLAME!

Are you retarded? 139 is like 1 standard deviation below average. Given the self-selecting population of LSAT test takers, it's quite possible that it's above average for the general population.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:16 pm

well-hello-there wrote:This flame thread is getting so much attention that I just had to chime in.

It is not possible that OP scored a 139.

While yes, those people do exist, they do not in fact know how to use a computer keyboard, much less know how to log onto the internet or register for an online forum.

Nice try OP!

Dude, you're an asshole. Absolutely no reason to be treating people this way. While 139 is certainly a pretty bad score, this type of tone is derogatory and unhelpful.

And it is very, very possible that many posters on TLS have scored similarly on TLS.

thegreatk

Postby thegreatk » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:18 pm

romothesavior wrote:
well-hello-there wrote:This flame thread is getting so much attention that I just had to chime in.

It is not possible that OP scored a 139.

While yes, those people do exist, they do not in fact know how to use a computer keyboard, much less know how to log onto the internet or register for an online forum.

Nice try OP!

Fuck off troll.

packmomma

Postby packmomma » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:35 pm

WOW! You are sooooo cool. I want to be just like you. Seriously only people with high lsat scores should be allowd to breath all others should be enslaved and sent to another planet. We really should rid this planet of anyone who scored lower than a 170 because they are so unworthy of precious life.
CONGRATULATIONS ALL HIGH SCORERS YOU HAVE AN AMAZINGLY WORTHLESS SKILL

and for those of you who just had to chime in just to leave a bunch of unnessacary condescending and annoyingly prententious ass comments, just go get a life somewhere else. Why would you waste your time being a jerk to a stranger online. I bet your on top of the world right now aint ya mr. hello there . Your a blast.

well-hello-there wrote:Also,

packmomma wrote:It is so over done and almost cliche at this point to advise someone of what something is or is not like. Such people seem to think that they are experts in the "what things are really like" category and that those who they are giving this worthless advice to, would have never known "what things are really like" without said persons genius and wisdom.

no 139 scorer knows what the word cliche means nor are they able to look it up in a dictionary and find out what it means.
In addition, the second sentence quoted above is much too complex for someone with the mind of an 8 year old to be able to write. FLAME!

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:52 pm

packmomma wrote:CONGRATULATIONS ALL HIGH SCORERS YOU HAVE AN AMAZINGLY WORTHLESS SKILL

I understand your frustration and your tone, and I also called out Mr. Hello There for being a jerk. A low LSAT or poor LS credentials are not a statement on the person as a whole.

But you do need to understand 1) how bad the legal market is and 2) how bad the schools that accept 140/150 LSATs are. It is very easy to write it off as condescension and elitism, but that really isn't what it is. I spend so much time on here and give my input like I do because I am so grateful for people doing the same to me when I was a 0L. If not for TLS, I can't even picture what my education and career path would have been. I (and so many of the other law students and graduates) are just trying to pay it forward and help people with their law school process. TLS is a great resource.

I agree that high scorers have a pretty worthless skill, because the LSAT really has nothing to do with law school success. But you know what? If you're going into law, you better get used to it. My grades are also not an indicator of how good of a lawyer I'm going to be, but firms still drool over top students and cast off those with low grades. If you can't handle being judged based on arbitrary benchmarks, you're in the wrong field. The LSAT may be a worthless skill, but it is not a worthless number, and you'd be wise to realize that ASAP before you or anyone else sinks $200,000 and three years into a poor investment due to your low LSAT.

well-hello-there

Postby well-hello-there » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:00 pm

packmomma wrote:and for those of you who just had to chime in just to leave a bunch of unnessacary condescending and annoyingly prententious ass comments, just go get a life somewhere else.

obviously misspelled on purpose to further this whole sham of a thread.

y'all got duped!

packmomma

Postby packmomma » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:16 pm

Thank you so much for your comment and just so you know I can handle the remarks, no problem. Many of the comments here were very helpful and i really do apretiate them but there are a few that left me curious on what their purpose was. I came into this forum with a question and it is unfortunate that I just discoered this website. I should have talked to someone other than mom before I got fully into the process. I also really should'nt have blindly guessed on most of the lsat(meaning i randomly filled in circles), also was on the verge of an anxiety attack, lol. It was not a good test for me obiously. The fact that Im convinced that I am dislexic and extremely ADD and have not done anything about it is also a small factor to my low score. I am primarily the artsy fartsy creative type.

Like I said earlier too, I do not want to be an attorney. I want the education and experience and options of a law degree. I never started this to be an attorney although I would like to be a part of the innocence project, but thats a whole other story.

romothesavior wrote:
packmomma wrote:CONGRATULATIONS ALL HIGH SCORERS YOU HAVE AN AMAZINGLY WORTHLESS SKILL

I understand your frustration and your tone, and I also called out Mr. Hello There for being a jerk. A low LSAT or poor LS credentials are not a statement on the person as a whole.

But you do need to understand 1) how bad the legal market is and 2) how bad the schools that accept 140/150 LSATs are. It is very easy to write it off as condescension and elitism, but that really isn't what it is. I spend so much time on here and give my input like I do because I am so grateful for people doing the same to me when I was a 0L. If not for TLS, I can't even picture what my education and career path would have been. I (and so many of the other law students and graduates) are just trying to pay it forward and help people with their law school process. TLS is a great resource.

I agree that high scorers have a pretty worthless skill, because the LSAT really has nothing to do with law school success. But you know what? If you're going into law, you better get used to it. My grades are also not an indicator of how good of a lawyer I'm going to be, but firms still drool over top students and cast off those with low grades. If you can't handle being judged based on arbitrary benchmarks, you're in the wrong field. The LSAT may be a worthless skill, but it is not a worthless number, and you'd be wise to realize that ASAP before you or anyone else sinks $200,000 and three years into a poor investment due to your low LSAT.

pokerlaw

Postby pokerlaw » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:19 pm

Go to paralegal school instead.

packmomma

Postby packmomma » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:22 pm

I already went to paralegal school and got a 4.0 but was bored, it wasnt for me.
pokerlaw wrote:Go to paralegal school instead.

AreJay711

Postby AreJay711 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:36 pm

Like I said earlier too, I do not want to be an attorney. I want the education and experience and options of a law degree. I never started this to be an attorney although I would like to be a part of the innocence project, but thats a whole other story.

I think you should look to other avenues. Why not a public policy type program? You could do anything with that that you could with a law degree except practice law.

packmomma

Postby packmomma » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:40 pm

Law is the new avenue I was looking into. I am going to wait until 2012 to apply and take the test this June, Ill be good. Im very versatile and resiliant with lots of interest to keep me busy while I prep for the next LSAT :wink:
AreJay711 wrote:

I think you should look to other avenues. Why not a public policy type program? You could do anything with that that you could with a law degree except practice law.

parsi

Postby parsi » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:11 pm

packmomma wrote:Thank you so much for your comment and just so you know I can handle the remarks, no problem. Many of the comments here were very helpful and i really do apretiate them but there are a few that left me curious on what their purpose was. I came into this forum with a question and it is unfortunate that I just discoered this website. I should have talked to someone other than mom before I got fully into the process. I also really should'nt have blindly guessed on most of the lsat(meaning i randomly filled in circles), also was on the verge of an anxiety attack, lol. It was not a good test for me obiously. The fact that Im convinced that I am dislexic and extremely ADD and have not done anything about it is also a small factor to my low score. I am primarily the artsy fartsy creative type.

romothesavior wrote:

Can't you mark C all the way down on the LSAT and do better than a 139?

After reading this thread, I feel as if I also would have been an ass to you if I replied on page 1 because "retake not an option" and "i scored a 139" should never be in the same sentence especially now we know you guessed on most of the LSAT and didn't even bother to study.

well-hello-there

Postby well-hello-there » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:13 pm

parsi wrote:Can't you mark C all the way down on the LSAT and do better than a 139?

yep!

--ImageRemoved--

packmomma

Postby packmomma » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:23 pm

you should relax dude, its not going to effect your life in any way. And I did 4 months if study just none for a month before test . I am amazed at the number of LSAT snobs on this site. No wonder eeryone hates lawyers, many of them are retarded narcicists who take themselves to seriously. I scored low on the LSAT I didnt rape anyones daughter, wtf...

parsi wrote:
packmomma wrote:Thank you so much for your comment and just so you know I can handle the remarks, no problem. Many of the comments here were very helpful and i really do apretiate them but there are a few that left me curious on what their purpose was. I came into this forum with a question and it is unfortunate that I just discoered this website. I should have talked to someone other than mom before I got fully into the process. I also really should'nt have blindly guessed on most of the lsat(meaning i randomly filled in circles), also was on the verge of an anxiety attack, lol. It was not a good test for me obiously. The fact that Im convinced that I am dislexic and extremely ADD and have not done anything about it is also a small factor to my low score. I am primarily the artsy fartsy creative type.

romothesavior wrote:

Can't you mark C all the way down on the LSAT and do better than a 139?

After reading this thread, I feel as if I also would have been an ass to you if I replied on page 1 because "retake not an option" and "i scored a 139" should never be in the same sentence especially now we know you guessed on most of the LSAT and didn't even bother to study.

packmomma

Postby packmomma » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:25 pm

I TOTALLY GET THIS VIBE FROM YOU THAT YOU ARE A RACIST HOMOPHOBIC BIGOT WHO IS QUITE BORING IN THE BED! IM POSITIVE YOU ARE.

well-hello-there wrote:
parsi wrote:Can't you mark C all the way down on the LSAT and do better than a 139?

yep!

--ImageRemoved--

calilaw

Postby calilaw » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:30 pm

[quote="packmomma"]I TOTALLY GET THIS VIBE FROM YOU THAT YOU ARE A RACIST HOMOPHOBIC BIGOT WHO IS QUITE BORING IN THE BED! IM POSITIVE YOU ARE.
[quote]

I really really hope this is a flame.

packmomma

Postby packmomma » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:37 pm

NO it is not. I just figured that if everyone can slam me for a low lsat score i get to slam back for being morons. I hae lost respect for the purpose of this site in a atter of a day. People are weird and desperate to be special and it is kinda making my stomach turn but also amusing me at the same time.

calilaw wrote:
packmomma wrote:I TOTALLY GET THIS VIBE FROM YOU THAT YOU ARE A RACIST HOMOPHOBIC BIGOT WHO IS QUITE BORING IN THE BED! IM POSITIVE YOU ARE.

SilverE2

Postby SilverE2 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:37 pm

packmomma wrote:I TOTALLY GET THIS VIBE FROM YOU THAT YOU ARE A RACIST HOMOPHOBIC BIGOT WHO IS QUITE BORING IN THE BED! IM POSITIVE YOU ARE.

well-hello-there wrote:

yep!

--ImageRemoved--

Act your age, this is getting to be embarrassing.

packmomma

Postby packmomma » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:38 pm

BUT my lame in the bed statement was meant for well hello there.

packmomma wrote:NO it is not. I just figured that if everyone can slam me for a low lsat score i get to slam back for being morons. I hae lost respect for the purpose of this site in a atter of a day. People are weird and desperate to be special and it is kinda making my stomach turn but also amusing me at the same time.

calilaw wrote:

SilverE2

Postby SilverE2 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:38 pm

packmomma wrote:NO it is not. I just figured that if everyone can slam me for a low lsat score i get to slam back for being morons. I hae lost respect for the purpose of this site in a atter of a day. People are weird and desperate to be special and it is kinda making my stomach turn but also amusing me at the same time.

calilaw wrote:

Then get the fuck out and make this your last post. We tried to stop you from making a potentially life altering mistake, now I hope you drown in a sea of debt.

packmomma

Postby packmomma » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:44 pm

Are you kidding me. And by the way I wont haft to worry about debt so save your hopes for your whore mother that gave birth to you when she should of got an abortion, omg I do not understand why it is that serious to you that you have become upset and stupid about it. What the fuck is going on with you people?
a sea of debt.[/quote]

SilverE2

Postby SilverE2 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:47 pm

packmomma wrote:Are you kidding me. And by the way I wont haft to worry about debt so save your hopes for your whore mother that gave birth to you when she should of got an abortion, omg I do not understand why it is that serious to you that you have become upset and stupid about it. What the fuck is going on with you people?
a sea of debt.

have to*
should have*

packmomma

Postby packmomma » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:51 pm

Maybe for you but not for me. I hae nothing to be embarrased about, so I got a low ass score on the lsat oh my god its the end of the world for the secret illuminati of the law school forum. I started this thread for advice and i got it. Why are you here? If I am so embarrasingly dumb then go away already. Geeze. I think you law school people need a shot of tequila or maybe even a fat ass blunt so you can come back down to earth with all of us mere mortals.

SilverE2 wrote:

well-hello-there wrote:

yep!

--ImageRemoved--

Act your age, this is getting to be embarrassing.

akili

Postby akili » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:51 pm

Yeah...this is a flame. Or a disturbed person.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”